sprint booster

Dark

What is Sprint Booster?

VAG and many others have replaced the throttle cable for an ECM (Electronic Control Module) that translates how hard the pedal is pushed into electronic signals in order to provide power to the wheels.

The ETC (Electronic Throttle Control), which is also known as Drive-By-Wire, has the unfortunate downside of delayed response and subdued acceleration, which can create problems in certain situations such as up-hill starts, quick gearchanges and overtaking.

The Sprint Booster aims to overcome this throttle response delay for ETC equipped vehicles, by providing crisp, on-tap acceleration for whenever the driver demands it.

Results

* At low revs, the engine responds at approximately half the time in comparison to before.

* The delay time whilst accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear and the engine in the mid-range, is almost zero.

* Big differences in the higher rev range.

* Improved response for downshifts and safer overtaking.

* Overall safety and more fun on the road!

Fitment is very simple as the module just plugs in between the throttle pedal / Electrical plug.

cost around £160-£200

Not the most confident of claims?

Sounds a bit expensive to me for something that, by the sounds of it, cant be backed up.

it says what the actual results are further down. ie half responce time, zero responce time etc..

as tigz says its expensive, but no more than say a port remap which has no material value at all.

tigz why would you rather have a cable, surely an electronic super responsive throttle is the best setup?

tigz why would you rather have a cable, surely an electronic super responsive throttle is the best setup?

The throttle pedal 'feel's soft on the foot with Electronic throttle, its the same with a fluid clutch, it just doesn't 'feel' right on a hot hatch.

On a modern car I completly understand the benifit of electronic throttle, and yes, if a device could cure the delay it would be the best of both worlds but any more than £50 just seems a rip off.

Imagen buying one for £200 and now feeling any change? lol

Do the 5speed Gti's also have fly by wire??

It should have, think it was only very early Polo GTIs that came with a cable.

Although, 3 months ago I thought all Polo GTIs have electronic throttle!

it says what the actual results are further down. ie half responce time, zero responce time etc..

as tigz says its expensive, but no more than say a port remap which has no material value at all.

Words such as "almost", and "approxiamtely" and phrases such as " big difference" aren't exactly convincing.

Not that I care, Ive got a cable! :lol::shades:

• 1 year later...

As i remember Tom's launched similar kind of product for Toyota cars with differenct settings as normal, sp1, sp2 and sp3 accroding to response speed.

and evertime it would automaticly reset to normal when engine restart.

I think sprint bootster would be more effecitve on automatic lupos, because obviously automatic ones are suffering lag when downshift and overtaking.

This device seems reduce the lag by increase electronic throttle response.

Has anybody tried the product yet? I'm quite interesting about it but as most people said, it's no cheap--__--

Totally agree with Tigz on this.

As far as I can tell, all it does it fool the sensor into thinking the throttle is at 100% when its actually at 50% . But surely thst gives you less control at lower throttle as yu have less travel to modulate it with.

Seems a bit '+20bhp chip for all cars' ebay special to me

Tried a sprint booster on mine. Was crap. Ruined the way the car reacted to the pedel.

Just touching the pedal felt like you'd put your foot all the way down. Made the car very jerky when doing small manouvres.

It came off within 1 hour...