Relaunch of Performance Car Magazine...

AndyW

Anyone else picked up the new relaunch of Performance Car magazine?

Linky to their website here

Has a great test of the new 197 Cup V Clio Williams, junior hot hatch test and a pretty good Elise story. Its an interesting alternative to EVO, they've said they won't be going into supercar/hyper car territory and will be sticking with modest machinery, for those would good memory the original Performance Car became CAR and many of the writers eventually found their way into the EVO project in the late 90's.

Well worth picking up if you haven't already.

quite enjoyed it but still lacking something, not going to cancel my evo subscription yet. Has potential for some good new v old real world tests though. The white clio cup with black speedlines looked good :)

All these mags are "rebranding" now to try and shake off the kitted-1.1-Saxo-wiv-neons-and-plastic image

The old performance car thankfully pre dates the cruising scene, it used to have EVO's, Impreza's, 205 GTI's, that sort of thing.

All these mags are "rebranding" now to try and shake off the kitted-1.1-Saxo-wiv-neons-and-plastic image

Surprisingly enough, max power were the first I saw binning their burberry

Performance Car though was not a chav magazine. It was basically what EVO is now 10 years ago and then faded into what became CAR Magazine and lost all it's writers to EVO.

i have you guys to blame for getting me hooked on Evo as you kept going on about it last year i went and got it and have not looked back i love it :blush:

i have you guys to blame for getting me hooked on Evo as you kept going on about it last year i went and got it and have not looked back i love it :blush:

Well worth checking out Performance car I'd say, if you like EVO I'd say you'd like it.

While I'm still a big EVO fan, for whatever reason I've found myself with a backlog of issues I haven't read yet. Theres about 4 on our coffee table waiting for me to finish!

not sure the next issue will be as good as the first, will still buy it but the line up doesn't sound as promissing.

I am reliably imformed its out on the 20th. Includes the following...

Cover Story: Mitsubishi Evo X UK test

Road Test: Honda S2000 GT

Group Test: Diesel coupés

First Drives: Toyota Auris SR 180, Lexus IS F, Autodelta Spider

Drive Story: Caterham Superlight R400 in the South East

Buying Guide: BMW E39 M5

not sure the next issue will be as good as the first, will still buy it but the line up doesn't sound as promissing.

I am reliably imformed its out on the 20th. Includes the following...

Cover Story: Mitsubishi Evo X UK test

Road Test: Honda S2000 GT

Group Test: Diesel coupés

First Drives: Toyota Auris SR 180, Lexus IS F, Autodelta Spider

Drive Story: Caterham Superlight R400 in the South East

Buying Guide: BMW E39 M5

I see you quoted my own post from pistonheads. ;)

Bought Performance Car magazine to read while I was flying out to Rome. I am very interested in the new 197 cup, although the write up was mostly about the Clio Williams !!!

Still love EVO magazine. Cannot believe they were driving the Rothmans Porsche 959. Awesome

There's still something missing from EVO recently though, not sure what it is. I used to find myself reading practically all of it, but now after 30mins I'm done with it. I then only pick it up when I need some 'me time' on the throne.

Might pick up the new issue though, if only to have a nose at the AD Spider.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else still reading this? Four issues in and I still quite like it, although I do find myself finishing it quickly. Latest issue has a nice VAG 2.0TFSI themed test, Octavia vRS, Leon Cupra and Golf GTI. Am loving the amount of hot hatchery, tad more than EVO and a full roadtest of the Corsa VXR which contains some of the nicest shots of the car I've seen.

Oh and you can read about my Lupo in the online section of their long termers bit. Am working in a CL reference for next month.

VW Lupo GTI Longtermer

You were quick off the line offering your Panda up for EVO maggy Andy ;) Nice work! Look forward to seeing it in print :)

(Saw the post on PH)

Ha, any excuse. Thought it would be a nice day out to see how the professionals do it to be honest, plus any excuse to go up near the triangle.

Actually took the Lupo up there about a month ago to try out my new DSLR, wanted to take the Panda to see what it was like but didn't in the end.

• 1 month later...

A slightly dull Lupo update concerned with serving and such things. Was way over my word limit so am saving my Club Lupo reference for another time. Have to do one every month so will get plenty of chance to plug. Anyway, heres June's highly exciting and tension packed report into, er, servicing a Lupo...

Linky McLink Link

Oh, and I'll be reusing my huge back catalogue of pics for this, so for this month we're still on shots I took in France, in 2005. Have nothing to do with servicing, but they look nice. :)

lupo.jpg

• 3 weeks later...