Clutch Judder

conuk

Hey all.

After doing a few 50 mile runs in the last few days... (economy is brilliant :) )

Im not sure whether there is something wrong with clutch / something else... or its just that way...

Seems quite juddery when pulling away on a morning.... clutch needs to warm up ??? get a bit of a rattle dashboad wise......

Mike who I bought it off thought the clutch was quite high but got it checked and was ok....

anything to look for ? or are they like that...

maybe stoopid question but Ive had auto for 4+ years .... miss that in the traffic jams tho - but not the economy.

When was the last service of the spark plugs, fuel and air filters etc?

From seller :

" The car has covered nearly 71,000 which isn't much for a diesel the car has been well looked after, by previous owner and by myself, last service was done at 68,810 on the 29/08/07 by the garage i bought it from "

Ill check the handbook etc....

ok according to the service book @ 68810

oil service - yes

inspection - yes

air filter changed - yes

brake fluid changed - yes

all others no.

Sometimes when its really freezing my dash will rattle like you describe when im letting out the clutch. Usually when reversing out of the drive so at parking speed. Put a few revs on and that stops though.

If the clutch bite point is high its probably due to a worn clutch, as the TDi clutch is self adjusting.

The only thing you can do is to keep an eye on it and not wear the clutch anymore than it has been. Although juddering could be caused by a few clutch related things.

Like: the release bearing, clutch slave/master cylinder, clutch tension springs, worn clutch plate, very unlikely but distorted flywheel.

So really just see how it goes, hopefully it wont be anything serious :)

Sometimes when its really freezing my dash will rattle like you describe when im letting out the clutch. Usually when reversing out of the drive so at parking speed. Put a few revs on and that stops though.

If the clutch bite point is high its probably due to a worn clutch, as the TDi clutch is self adjusting.

The only thing you can do is to keep an eye on it and not wear the clutch anymore than it has been. Although juddering could be caused by a few clutch related things.

Like: the release bearing, clutch slave/master cylinder, clutch tension springs, worn clutch plate, very unlikely but distorted flywheel.

So really just see how it goes, hopefully it wont be anything serious :)

yeah it dont seem bad when warm - will keep an eye on it ..... spoils the ride at first though.