New Scirocco

krieglupo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

ride height looks quite low to me, it does rise up at the rear bumper area, that could generate downforce though perhaps.

there is plenty of arch clearane, but thats no really a bad thing, for bumps anyway.

any kind of gap that would home a small family of refugees is a bad thing.

it should be rubbing from the factory.....................end of

lol the style tribes are gathering. is it a look thing that you feel arches should be low?

in terms of sportiness it depends on which sport, tarmac racing or broken surface rallying. 2 different extremes of arch and ride heights. i dont mind either high or low arches, i like a low ride height though.

from autocar

"Volkswagen’s smallest new platform will form the basis of its forthcoming family of rear-engined Up! city cars but, as Autocar has learned, it will also serve underneath a new Seat city car known as the Ros, after the firm's Arosa city car."

also they suggest it will be used for a mini skoda aswell. i wonder which will look the nicest or have the hot version. argh need to know....

They put the side rear window on upside down didn't they? It's supposed to be a coupe. The top of the side rear window should flow down not the bottom flow up.

There's isn't one single solitary part of the exterior of the car that makes me think "oh it's a VW"....except the VW badges of course. It's more like the next gen Leon

scirocco05.jpg

Edited by twisty b-road

• 4 months later...

They have really started growing on me lately. :shades: Although that nasty green should be avoided :wacko:

When a car comes out and i should like it but dont, it always turns out being one of my favotite cars! Ill wait and see what they are like when they appear in my local dealer.

They put the side rear window on upside down didn't they? It's supposed to be a coupe. The top of the side rear window should flow down not the bottom flow up.

There's isn't one single solitary part of the exterior of the car that makes me think "oh it's a VW"....except the VW badges of course. It's more like the next gen Leon

scirocco05.jpg

If the rear quarter window was flipped and nothing was done with the profile of the body, it'd be very Megane-esque :sick: