JERKING

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt be disappointed things could be a lot worse :)

mine does it too, great for making me look like a 'typical girl driver'

but as everyone said its a quirk, just like the squeaky boot and you learn to love it and live with it

my solution...lots of right foot (and twinkle toes) :) hardly had any problems since (obviously not saying rag your car whilst cold...just be a bit more generous...)

Edited by Jen

Thanks Jen ,i will try giving it more welly in the morning and see what happens.Promise i will take care, not sure if i got twinkle toes though,Thanks again, i think i should just enjoy the car rather than worry about small things like that...............

• 1 month later...

Just to say I get the same with mine, it feels like the engine is not getting enough air.

Can anybody tell me if they still get this with an aftermarket air intake fitted?

Ryn

A bit slow on the uptake on this one, but mine does it too ;) Never mind eh. ( I did look a bit of an idiot in front of my bf when i first drove it though, his face was like 'urgh, drive properly woman!)

I control mine through gear changing.

I can usually judge when it's going to happen in 2nd so change up to 3rd and when in 3rd change down to 2nd.

Never seems to happen for me in 1st and due to where I live the car has usually warmed up enough by the time I get to 4th.

When it does happen TSO giggles and comes up with her standard line: "I think you've bought a dud!"

Both of my boots have started knocking in the last month! :wacko: I thought I was going to escape this trait! Seems not!

Damn, damn and double damn!

My car is absolutely fine from cold, no sign of the infamous kangaroo! It's the first Lupo that I've had without any hassles. I've enjoyed reading this thread probably more than I should have (not wishing to capitalise on the misfortune of others!)

Watch out for my future thread when my cambelt breaks!

Edited by Jonny

Mine does it too but only a little, but i find if i swap gears, or depress the clutch and give it a quick rev it's fine. Dont drop below 1200rpm. i think the gti likes revs.

i dont think the lupo like's beeing driven slowly lol :D

Edited by Toi gulp

Indeed I only get it in first gear too, if I come off the gas and then try to go again when I come up to a junction or something.

Thanks for the info about over-fuelling Tigz, that is what I was implying when I said it wasn't getting enough air (to mix).

• 2 years later...
Guest A20NWK

Also happens to mine! Glad I found this thread as I was starting to get paranoid and thought it would be something serious and/or expensive. I've only had it two weeks but I guess I'll have to live with it along with the infamous starter motor squeal :P

Blast from the past! Dragged up from 2008 lol.

Oh, and mine kangaroos from cold too. You learn how to use the throttle and clutch to balance it out!

haha i thought mines was fubard!!

only does it when first started on days of lets say lower than 5 degree's celcius...

only happens for 30 secs lets say and its only in first, i get it quite bad but my partner has found a way round it, change to second and let it chug for a while!

i've replaced loads of bits, spark plugs, ht leads, cleaned tb, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, full service and it still does it :lol: