Paint defects - 12 yr warranty info

I have two patches, one on each roof gutter so ill be going to VW to see what they can do, how long will it take do you think?

Will VW provide a courtesy car if it will take a couple of days to a week?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather just see to it myself that it was done right!

We are wishing we had done that now, its a bigger job to put it right now than it was to do the two rust spots!

Will VW provide a courtesy car if it will take a couple of days to a week?

They should do yes. Just need to ask for one when you book it in.

• 4 months later...

Bringing this topic back up as i don't want to start a new one ;)

Went down to VW and after he checked with his paint thickness thingy he said the cars been resprayed on the roof at some point as it isnt factory thickness.

So they won't do anything as that makes the warranty invalid.

I want to get this sorted as its just going to get worse, while its in the bodyshop for that i might aswell get the car resprayed in the same colour, ide love to change colour but its alot of work doing the inside, engine bay etc and i don't have the funds.

Any one had their cars resprayed in the original colour? theres a few dents i would like removed and the previous owner used a touchup pen in a few areas which looks cack so obviously want them gone, i might also take the side strips off to make sure they dont just spray over them like the previous owner has done ( the reason i still have mine on and theres a terrible outline when there off)

Any one have a rough idea on a price to do all of that? Obviously i know a lesser quality job would be cheaper but a rough price would be good, just to see if i can afford to get it done soon, or save up.

Thanks for the help :D

Went down to VW and after he checked with his paint thickness thingy he said the cars been resprayed on the roof at some point as it isnt factory thickness.

So they won't do anything as that makes the warranty invalid.

Seems like a 'how can we get out of this?' excuse to me...

Seems like a 'how can we get out of this?' excuse to me...

Exactly my thought... i can see where he is coming from though so i can't really blame the guy.

Anyone had any rust removed from the roof gutters before? Rough price?

i've got some bubble on the rear boot handle and on the rear spoiler. apparently it is a known problem with the boot handle but it is only done on warrent for 3 years after that tough pooop.

anyone else had there's done (spoiler or boot handle) after the 3 years?

I have two very different roof sills.

One is painted and is bubbling but the other one is plastic. I gather I may only get one roof sill done under warranty...lame!

Is that how it was from new? im not sure if it will be the same but if anywhere has been resprayed around the area then they will not carry on with the claim as it isnt factory finish.

Is that how it was from new? im not sure if it will be the same but if anywhere has been resprayed around the area then they will not carry on with the claim as it isnt factory finish.

I wouldn't know how it was from new, the car is 8 years of age and I've only had her for 8 months! Lol. Previous owner niggles probably.

Has the roof been resprayed on yours Niche?

I guess its pretty hard to tell, i didn't know mine had been, take it down to VW and see what they say, if its been resprayed though they won't carry out any work at all

• 3 weeks later...

I'm taking mine next week as well for rust around the door frame. Is there anything to know about? She said I needed my log book and asked how many owners it has had. Are there some 'right' answers to certain questions that will mean it gets properly investigated and not just fobbed off with some lame excuse?