VW Tiguan

Saw one at the vW dealer the other day, its a little ugly but it will probably sell farily well i would think.

Although its a similar price to the freelander2 and id much rather have the landrover, its got much more going for it, plus the name isnt stupid!

Then again it would be my choice over the rest of the competition. That new vauxhall thing and the chevy that im sure is a vauxhall with a different badge!

Edited by cardaft

Not a fan of jap cars but i always thought CTRs had a good reputation.

Although i went in the old shape and it was really awful. Went and gripped well but thats not everything!

Bit of a change in car, CTR to a small 4x4!

Edited by cardaft

:lol: Daryll you miss the point of 4x4 :lol: ownership ;)

Although im not sure why people have them either.

We have had 4 4x4s now, and they may be biggish but parking isnt a problem, especially for my mum, she either bullies cars out of the way, parks where every she likes (on curbs, grass areas etc) and people often let you through since most wont argue with it.

Although i wouldnt buy a 4x4, its a waste really, they are heavy so never going to handle or perform well, they are always going to be heavier on fuel too.

Generally 4x4s arnt any bigger than a normals family sized car, they are just higher. Although they do cost a fair bit more to run that a normal car. But new 4x4s are being more green and cost less to run.

he aint bothered about parking it lol see the driveways thread.

before the CTR he had a mk5 golf GTTDI and wanted either something bigger OR something faster.

told him to buy a golf GTI and he wishes he had done now.

but i WILL take the p!ss if he buys a 4x4 just coz i hate the people who drive them.(mostly because they dont have to stop for speedbumps)

Also landrovers and range rovers always go wrong don't they ?

Haha, my sister has a freelander, its quite problematic yep :huh:

Although our range rover didnt have any faults at all!

Mostly though they are, usually the diffs, clutches, most of the mechanical things and the electric are a bit iffy often. The engines are pretty bullet proof though.

Not a bad car but a nice replacement to the PD engine the CRD, will do well... :shades:

• 2 months later...

these things are bloody huge i couldn't see round it in my car

are they not just caymans on estrogen pills ?