Bluetooth Car Kits

Has anyone fitted a bluetooth kit into their loop?

I had a Parrot CK3100 fitted in my Saxo that i took out when i sold the car. I now want to fit this into my GTI.

I think the best position for the kit would be down by the electric mirror to the left, on one of the blank switches.

My problem is how do i feed the wire up to the HU from here? Anyone else fitted one in a different place?

I have a 3200LS Colour fitted in the Mrs' Lupo. The screen is mounted on the row of buttons under the stereo and pop-out draw area.... next to the hazard and heated screen buttons. I removed one of the blank buttons from the front, which allowed me to feed the cable through and up to the stereo. I then mounted the screen over the top of the gap left, so you don't see it at all :)

For info, in case you decide to follow suit, you can remove the plastic area that the buttons clip into very easily, it's just two screws underneath. The entire tray comes off, which just about leaves enough room for excess wires or, if you're lucky, the control box.

Yeah i dont have switches there i have my cup holders.

If you look at the dash on this 3L i want to mount the car kit to the right of where the gear stick is. Can it be done?

3L dash: http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/printer_319.shtml

This is the dash i have (thanks to reg for pic): http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z269/LupoReg/IMG_0001.jpg

Edited by Bensilversaxo

Yeah i like my Parrot dont want to buy another HU! Main question is whether a wire can physically go from the bottom switches to the HU?

I would think so. I had my head unit and cubby hole out when I was fitting a connects2 box. I also removed the stashbox and cupholder, the cable from the connects 2 goes out the back and into the gap where the tray is under the steering column. I didn't check, but there's more than likely a gap that'll go into the bottom section from there, might take a little bit of fiddly threading to get down there.

It's two torx screws to take off the stash tray/cup holder section, and about 2 mins job to whip out the headunit and cubby hole to have a look

Main question is whether a wire can physically go from the bottom switches to the HU?

Yes they can, I have wires going in exactly the same place. When you take the HU out, look in the back bottom left corner, and you should see a small gap, the wires go down there and come out where the foam stuff above the passenger footwell meets the plastic trim from the dash.

Yes they can, I have wires going in exactly the same place. When you take the HU out, look in the back bottom left corner, and you should see a small gap, the wires go down there and come out where the foam stuff above the passenger footwell meets the plastic trim from the dash.

Great stuff matey, what are your wires going down there for if you dont mind me asking?

Tried to fit my bluetooth kit in tonight..........what a nightmare, there is no room behind the radio/cd player.

Gonna try another way of tucking the wires to try and get it to fit tommorrow!

go for the sides, i've got my whole connects2 in the side section between the cage and the dash trim

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some pictures mate.

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

Easy to fit just make sure that you get a voltmeter. I also bought a new mic for mine, its a nokia mic, got rid of having it on the screen. I now have it on the A frame.

Edited by BenSilverLupo