Lupo GTI production numbers

Adam

Lupo GTI colours  

539 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

mine cost me £6500 last June and I am realising what a bargain it was. Even though the belts needed doing. Never came across any Cat.d ones though. Not surprised some people may have stacked them, the back end comes round if you drop of the gas round a tight bend; not as bad as a vts or 205 gti, but can catch out the unwary.

Of course if you are expecting it then it can be good fun (well i've got to wear out the rears somehow!) :wacko:

That's exactly how I wrote my lupo gti off last year.. was a minter too

So only the last couple of Blue GTI's will have been Laser. Have you parked next to a Raven Blue? I'm guessing you'll see a difference then. It is a similar colour though, otherwise it would have been introduced as well as Raven rather than instead of it.

Thanks - Glad to see that whilst my eyesight has gone, my marbles haven't all gone and i wasn't imagining mine to be the only one coded as laser blue.

Definitely think my GTI's was one of the last imported as i bought it couple of months after VW dealer said they'd all gone. Never had the chance to park next to a Raven Blue GTI as only rarely see GTI's down here in Cornwall. With my eyesight I probably wouldnt tell any difference!

Must admit if I had the choice when buying I'd have preferred the Tornado Red.

Mine is standard still, unless you count coilovers, cambridge lights and double din VW sat nav. If you do, I'd say mine is still standard 'looking'.

Thats not std...... Mine just has Toyo's, and a K&N panel filter......

One bloke who posted up earlier on in the thread said he worked for a car modification company, and they had a system to access the number of registered cars on UK roads to see if it was worth making bits for each car.

1 less :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=360160293922

2 less :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-VW-Lupo-gti-6-s...%3A1%7C294%3A50

Can any one find out how many sports are left? would be interesting to know!.

Thanks,

Edited by little rich

• 2 weeks later...

New Tornado owner from 2004 MY so just upped the no. to 6

Standard was a big selling point. Added polished BBS splittys to make it unique.

1 of 1

• 3 weeks later...

yup i added my reflex in too. theres a good reason reflex is so common.... it obviously looks the best. good at hiding scratches and the plastic parts (petrol flap and bumbers) dont fade like the red ones ;)

My GTI is Moon-silver. The difference between Moon-silver and Reflexsilver is that Moonsilver is a little bit yellow and in Reflexsilver is a note of blue.

My neighbour Christian owns a Flash-red GTI wich is the 25th GTI produced in Wolfsburg. It´s also funny that the serialnumber is 666 :twisted:

In Germany were nearly 1400 GTI registered in 2006.

Edited by marcus

the plastic parts (petrol flap and bumbers) dont fade like the red ones ;)

Never seen a faded red Lupo GTI. Especially not localised fading just on the plastic bits.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Never seen a faded red Lupo GTI. Especially not localised fading just on the plastic bits.

My flash red sport had begun to fade on wing mirrors, but particularly the boot handle and the petrol cap had faded quite a lot.