Lupo GTI production numbers

Adam

Lupo GTI colours  

539 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wanted it to be as accurate as i could get it, because if i had made "Red" and "Silver" options only, the question "Ohhhhh, but how many are Moon/Flash and how many are Reflex/Tornado"? would get asked. :)

I wanted it to be as accurate as i could get it, because if i had made "Red" and "Silver" options only, the question "Ohhhhh, but how many are Moon/Flash and how many are Reflex/Tornado"? would get asked. :)

Reflex and Moon are definately different.

The Laser Blue GTi was at E38 this year and it is definately a different colour, not someone mistaking it with Raven. It was on a 55 plate, so I assume they had run out of Raven paint...

On a side note: I heard at my local dealership that all the delivery/production damaged GTis were re-sprayed Raven Blue as thay had a batch of badly mixed Laser Blue and didn't want to waste it.

:rolleyes:

Reflex and Moon are definately different.

The Laser Blue GTi was at E38 this year and it is definately a different colour, not someone mistaking it with Raven. It was on a 55 plate, so I assume they had run out of Raven paint...

On a side note: I heard at my local dealership that all the delivery/production damaged GTis were re-sprayed Raven Blue as thay had a batch of badly mixed Laser Blue and didn't want to waste it.

:rolleyes:

Thats pretty interesting regarding the Laser Blue GTi, i always thought the owner was just misinformed by the VW dealer. That is one very rare car then!

I actually agree with you about the Blue GTi's all being damaged and resprayed, as i've yet to see one that is a similar shade :lol:

Edited by Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Basts should stop crashing these! Hoping to buy one within the next 6 months.

Unfortunately I wanted an Anthracite one, not realising how rare they are. To be honest, I'll be happy with any colour now! :lol:

I only have a common black one, never seen another black one on the road though!

Anybody know how many GTI's are left now...... Must be a few less than last time :(

• 2 weeks later...

The laser blue / raven blue thing has always got me confused....... I have a GTI (late 55 plate) and supposedly Laser Blue - Paint Code LC5J, maybe it's old age but can't tell much difference between that and Raven Blue. It does look different to the Red Sport I had previously...

I think VW replaced Raven Blue with Laser blue on all cars. So only the last couple of Blue GTI's will have been Laser. I actually thought there was only 1 Laser.

Have you parked next to a Raven Blue? I'm guessing you'll see a difference then. It is a similar colour though, otherwise it would have been introduced as well as Raven rather than instead of it.

And I'd imagine it looks very different to your Red Sport. :wacko::lol: