Apple Geeks thread 2008...

AndyW

i have ordered the new magic mouse, and the new aluminium apple remote.

i have my finger hovering over the button to order a 13" mbp, but just not sure how much use i'd really have for it as i have my mac which i use at home, a work laptop, and a personal laptop already.

the biggest thing about an apple laptop is the battery life though.

somebody help me make my mind up!

i have ordered the new magic mouse, and the new aluminium apple remote.

i have my finger hovering over the button to order a 13" mbp, but just not sure how much use i'd really have for it as i have my mac which i use at home, a work laptop, and a personal laptop already.

the biggest thing about an apple laptop is the battery life though.

somebody help me make my mind up!

Get an Apple laptop. The newly revamped white macbook looks sexy enough if it's not your main Mac, personally I love my unibody Macbook :)

Nice. How's it running? Sweeeet I imagine?!

I've got a BlackBook 2.4 ghz, 500gb 7200, 4gb at the moment, it runs well but I do find myself looking at the new 15" MBP alot! I'm gonna get one in Jan/Feb, I was waiting till Apple decide BD-Drives are the way forward but I think i'll be waiting a while. I think i'll be upgrading it to 3.06 also, future proof for at least 6 months.

Has anyone paid for the 'anti-glare' coating Apple offer? Was just wondering if it was worth it?

well i was running a g4 powerbook before that as my portable, so it's a night and day difference. that said, it's testament to apple that a laptop can do a job and do it pretty well for nigh on six years.

few teething problems at the moment with the migration from the other machine - suitcase is being a bit of a pain especially.

Orange on November 11th I think. Maybe the 12th. The day after O2's exclusivity runs out anyway, and I think that's the 10th.

No idea on Skodafone though. You'll need to bookmark this page I guess!

Oh, i never saw this Jon, thanks, i'm hoping that it just goes big scale on the 11th-ish.

that's not been the case for the past 4 years? The mouse top cover itself is the button, however you'll find there are different functions if you click it on the left hand or right hand side and there are two other buttons that you can squeeze for yet a third function...

That makes you more wrong about that than you could ever imagine! :)

Does anyone know of any free downloadable video editing software for the mac, i.e final cut express.

For what i want to use it for i cant justify the 125 quid price tag at the moment

Why would apple produce two different pieces of software to do the same job then, i movie and final cut ?

SH*T

anyone had the same problem? :(

I'll let the pics do the talking..

Photo0435.jpg

Photo0438.jpg

Photo0439.jpg

Photo0443.jpg

(hinge broke)

apparently its a common fault with the 1st gen macbook airs? :(

my warranty just ran out on the 11th of october :\

so..anyone had the same problem?!?!

(sorry for bad quality pics, phone pics..)

Edited by Smithson

People People People, i am new to the whole Mac thing. I have an iPhone, although i just broke it lol, but today i traded my piece of shhhht windows laptop in for a brand new 21.5" LED back lit iMac, just got it today and im well impressed. the new magic mouse is utterly sick, what am i saying this whole computer is dope, screw windows, xbox and anything else Microsoft got their dirty money grabbing hands on, im not a pc baby, im now a MAC. lol, quick introductory question, is their any cool free apps or programs i can download?? What would everyone recommend? mucho gracias mon frere :D