Fox Head Unit - RCD200

robster

Hey guys, I guess that we all have the same Head Unit either with or without MP3 capability?

I got screwed and have the one without and I want to plug in my MP3 Player.

Ebay have got something if you search for "RCD200" but they are in China!!!!!!!

Anyone got something like it? Is it any good? Anyone find one for less that the price of years insurance? :shades:

Robster

Edited by robster
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys first post! I've got a 1.4 urban fox on a 57 plate (with mp3 player) and tinted windows in tornado red. Will find somewhere to upload a picture lol.

This is one thing that confuses me about a fox, when you press CD when it's already on CD mod - is says AUX ... but there is no AUX connection for an ipod or something lol...

someone find out quick :P

Hi mate, mine is an '08 plate fox and it comes as standard with a white port in the glovebox and when you plug an mp3 player into it it plays through the stereo when you put it in aux 1 mode

• 3 weeks later...

yeah if you look in the glovebox, on the top of it you will find a white plastic square with a 3.5mp3 jack in!! simply plug your player into it and select aux on the stereo, think i pressed cd again to select aux!!??!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn is the aux only in an 08 model. I have found a kit for you to put your ipod in, but I need a pic of the back of the stadard headunit, also can I get away with just two removel keys rarther than four.

Thanks

I've got the aux on a 57 plate just so you know

I've got the aux connection in the glove box on an 07 plate, too. Seeing this thread has finally made me think about making use of it!

Could anyone give me a few pointers as to setting this up to play an iPod through the stereo? Two points:

1. What kind of connection to the iPod do I need - one through the headphone jack or through the dock connector? Is one better than the other?

2. How do I get the stereo into aux mode? I've pressed the CD button twice, but no joy. Maybe that's because I don't have anything connected to the aux socket though (still need to buy a cable) - is that right?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi ponyremark

Good start that you have the aux point in the glove box...

I have my ipod plugged in there, i simply use a Male - Male 3.5mm aux cable to connect my ipod to it. Then I just turn my ipod on, turn on the stereo and keep pressing "CD" until it says Aux.... now i do only have to press it once or twice obviously twice if the stereo is set to FM :P

One thing i would try - plug ANY 3.5 aux cable into your glove box thing - make sure it "feels" like it goes in... i'm thinking it might just be a hole if your stereo won't set to Aux - better check!!

So to answer question 1, I use the headphone jack on the ipod - seems to work fine. Only thing I have noticed is that I have turn the stereo up more than radio. No problem.

Hi ponyremark

Good start that you have the aux point in the glove box...

I have my ipod plugged in there, i simply use a Male - Male 3.5mm aux cable to connect my ipod to it. Then I just turn my ipod on, turn on the stereo and keep pressing "CD" until it says Aux.... now i do only have to press it once or twice obviously twice if the stereo is set to FM :P

One thing i would try - plug ANY 3.5 aux cable into your glove box thing - make sure it "feels" like it goes in... i'm thinking it might just be a hole if your stereo won't set to Aux - better check!!

So to answer question 1, I use the headphone jack on the ipod - seems to work fine. Only thing I have noticed is that I have turn the stereo up more than radio. No problem.

Hi Tatsumaru,

Thanks for the response. I've done as you suggested, linking the iPod via a 3.5mm male to male connection, but no joy. If a CD is in when this is connected, pressing the CD button twice does nothing. Without a CD in, I just get the message 'No CD'. There doesn't seem to be any mention of an aux connection at all. So I have the socket, and it feels like the cable is connecting okay when I plug the aux cable into it, but maybe it's not, as you suggest, wired up? The car's due a service in a month, so I might just mention it when I'm there and see if the dealer can shed any light on it. I'll just have to keep burning those MP3 CDs - at least my stereo is that version. Maybe your stereo isn't, hence the difference between us both?

For FL07LXJ, here's some images of the aux socket. No pics of back of stereo, I'm afraid:

Glove box, showing aux socket in white at top left:

g_box.jpg

Close up of aux socket:

auxskt.jpg

Beautiful pictures mate nice work

sorry but i have the mp3 function and aux lol. i've never seen "no cd". very strange that they tease you with half of what you need lol.....

good luck at the dealer mate - might just be something very simple or they might replace the head unit for you. good luck let us know in a month :)

sorry but i have the mp3 function and aux lol. i've never seen "no cd". very strange that they tease you with half of what you need lol.....

good luck at the dealer mate - might just be something very simple or they might replace the head unit for you. good luck let us know in a month :)

Just my luck to have half a MP3 connection! Planning booking the car in in late July, so I'll certainly mention it to the dealer. Hope it's just a matter of wiring up an existing connection. Thanks for your help anyway.

Oh, and I'm a girl, but thanks for the 'mate' mention ... B)

Thanks for the pics. I went in to Halfords for the keys to remove the stereo and they said they don't keep them in stock, but he offered me Vauxhall double din keys (what a knob). I think I will remove the stereo and have a look when i get some keys. thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

The factory stereo is out and a Kenwood KDC-W6041U in. full ipod connection. I just need to know has anyone changed the factory speakers in the front, as mine are like riveted in.

• 4 weeks later...
The factory stereo is out and a Kenwood KDC-W6041U in. full ipod connection. I just need to know has anyone changed the factory speakers in the front, as mine are like riveted in.

what did you get to make up the size difference? and have you got any pics...

• Like 1

clicky Its the dogs it is a blaupunkt setup and to put my ipod in I drilled and grommeted to put the usb in.

I will try and get a pic of the actual install but I am just getting over the flu followed by pneumonia

Edited by FLO7LXJ

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i managed to get a jack for my ipod and have had no problems up to now, its not to do with the car its the lead. I can one cheap off of ebay and i managed to get my to sit mostly in the glove comparment and shut the door with a small lead. And now because of this the lead is all wonky and it distorts the music . Just wondered if anyone else had this issue and found a way round it instead of keeping the glove copartment open all the time...annoying esp for the passenger.....