20v 1.8T Conversion

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi al not sure if there wil be any difference wi 6speed or not just wanted to be different as for torque steer the car doesnt i thought it would too wen it spins the wheels it still goes in a strait line with out pullin al over the road even in 4th gear will def need sum good tyres tho coz i would like to keep it runnin 15s i am gonna clean the car an put the pics on at the weekend if the weather is ok is any 1 else runnin there lupo at pod at easter thanks for al the replys

cool wot sort of power do the throttle bodies make it produce is it up an runnin

No idea about power, figures crossed I see 170bhp.

Its more about the noise for me though, I'm not that good a driver lol

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26910

We need vids of yours ;)

Looks fantastic. Excellent work! I'm Matthias from Germany and my Gti also get a 1.8T-engine. It's from Cupra-R, but with several modifications. You can see and read details on my website (www.hobby-tuner.com). Massive Problems with electric and construction of engine- and transmission mounts (also 6-Gear-box)....but finally MTE found solutions....

On your pics i see you got still the original manifold, wow! We changed it because of less expansion space against a manifold of a sharan-1.8T. Engine seems to be installed very deep in your car!?

Greetings from Germany

• 1 month later...
*cough* toyo R888 *cough*

Errr no...

These are what you want for 1/4 mile

Mickey T street radials

Not sure about a size that will fit a Lupo mind... :lol:

At Santa Pod you'll prolly kill gearboxes and bits of the drivetrain, as it's prepped for 4 figure BHP cars so you can imagine the grip level compared to other tracks!

brilliant job mate, i plan on doing this sometime in the next few years. Is it pretty straight forward? i think mounting the engine would be easy just the wiring that scares me lol! Does the car still corner as well or does the extra weight upfront upset the cars balance?

Cheers Dave