20v 1.8T Conversion

LUPO GTI 20VT

hi ive been lukin on this site a while an ive been doin my own conversion just thought id share sum pics its a auq engine from a seat leon with turbo inlet manifold an ecu from a bam engine it has a 6 speed box in as well from a leon its just in the final stage now ive got the bumper back on 2 day an hopin av it on road in the next week ive been out in the car as it is a few times just to make sure it still drove as it did before an it does hope you like it

Picture072.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture195.jpg

Picture199.jpg

Picture203.jpg

Picture202.jpg

Picture180.jpg

Picture181.jpg

Picture187.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Picture184.jpg

Picture183.jpg

nice work mate! what outputs you gettin from it? you do all the work yourself?

hi well ive had the ecu revod an said the car should run around 260 ish i dont no exact till it goes on the rollers yeah all the work carried out by me and my old man an i had a little help with wiring from an auto electrician cheers

jesus!! :lol: i spend ages looking for info on these and now we have 3 build threads on at the same time :lol:

could you do me a favour mate could you post up some pics of what you have done with your enigne mounts as well as a couple of pics where the brake fluid resovour is so i can see how close it is . what radiator you gonna be running ??

jesus!! :lol: i spend ages looking for info on these and now we have 3 build threads on at the same time :lol:

could you do me a favour mate could you post up some pics of what you have done with your enigne mounts as well as a couple of pics where the brake fluid resovour is so i can see how close it is . what radiator you gonna be running ??

hey up mate cant really see any mountings now its al together ive got the timing belt cover about 10mm gap from the sideof the resovour an it doesnt touch il get sum pics as well hope this helps

hey up mate cant really see any mountings now its al together ive got the timing belt cover about 10mm gap from the sideof the resovour an it doesnt touch il get sum pics as well hope this helps

thats sweet how you get the six speed to fit thought they were to wide :huh:

thats sweet how you get the six speed to fit thought they were to wide :huh:

hi ive got the engine as far over to the drivers side chassis leg as poss and the engine is as high up as it can go with out the shafts rubbin an ground clearence from the sump is roughly were it was with standard engine cheers

hi ive got the engine as far over to the drivers side chassis leg as poss and the engine is as high up as it can go with out the shafts rubbin an ground clearence from the sump is roughly were it was with standard engine cheers

o so its now an engine out job for cam belts lol

you keeping the car looking stock :confused:

o so its now an engine out job for cam belts lol

you keeping the car looking stock :confused:

no engine wont be back out 4 timing belt doin as it was al done before re fit along with tensioner kit water pump an paddle clutch wil prob lower car on coil overs an just some wheels 4 now cheers

• Like 1

nice install, and i love folk who do it themselves to get all the glory instead of shelling out fortunes and not getting a finger dirty. at least the folk on here who are doing these conversions are doing so themselve's.

nothing worse than asking someone at a show about a car for them to just talk bollox or pull a blank expression.

any full car pics before you started?

This looks like nice, neat and tidy job and i love the way you are going for the near standard look :thumbsup:

hi thanks for al the posts pleased you all like it yeah get more satisfaction doin it your self especially seen as ive put 6speed box in ive not seen another 20vt lupo wi 6speed box got no other pics of car before as they wa just on phone an wa cr*p like the 1st couple r got a proper camera just before xmas thats y last pics r a lot beta its only lukin standard for now gonna lower it an sum wheels eventually il post sum more pics in the next few days showin how it luks now finished wi bumper on an the cooler behind thanx again