Foxy's GTI- Getting Lighter

foxy

That was from BlackCircles, but before Jan at 15% vat and all manufacturers have put there prices up alot this year. Infact everything seems to have gone sky high, thats why I ordered everything before the new year. For example my KW V2 coilovers were just over £900, now they are £1017.

Some progress at the front

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0009-3.jpg

IMG_0011-3.jpg

IMG_0012-3.jpg

IMG_0008-4.jpg

IMG_0013-3.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0025-1.jpg

IMG_0027-1.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Still waiting on the brake kit arriving, hopefully today but more likely tomorrow. Front ARB bushes arrive tomorrow also ordered braided brake lines for the rear calipers so i can get rid of those nasty rubber ones.

Today i'll do oil and filter and tidy the garage because it looks like a bomb site at the moment.

For those that want to know the rear beam was easier to remove than the wishbones.

Nice progress, looking forward to seeing it later, not that i'll be able to see much mind. :lol:

Reading this has made me feel bad for having all my service bits sat in the garage for the last 2 months and not being arsed to jack the car up to get it done!

Looks lovely!

Have you driven it yet? much scrubbing? when i was running 50 profiles it was a nightmare and i was higher than that

And where have you got the arb bushes from?

Edited by breamy

Nice progress, looking forward to seeing it later, not that i'll be able to see much mind. :lol:

Reading this has made me feel bad for having all my service bits sat in the garage for the last 2 months and not being arsed to jack the car up to get it done!

Yeah! Get on with it lazy arse.

That looks great, love it on the OZ's and R888s.

Certainly makes the slammed/stretched tyre brigade look massively homosexual.

Indeed, stretch can kiss my ass

About bloody time.

:D

Less it you, how long has it taken you to acctually buy a GTI?? Hmmm :lol:

Looks gorgeous, ready for some abuse over the Summer. shades.gif

I carnt bloody wait

Looks lovely!

Have you driven it yet? much scrubbing? when i was running 50 profiles it was a nightmare and i was higher than that

And where have you got the arb bushes from?

Ive only moved up and down the drive, suspention needs to go up about an inch and the arch liners have to come out, 2 things I didnt want to have to do. But needs must.

The front ARB bushes are just standard VW items, try as i might i couldnt find any universal poly bushes to fit.

Also for anybody else wanting to fit 205/50 profile tyres, unless you want your suspension all the way up you must have all 4 arches fully rolled up.

Track weapon!

Scene is crap anyways ;)

Are the adjustable top mounts any good then? Someone was saying they couldn't get them to fit.

TBH the top mounts arnt the best fit in the world, I get the impression they arnt designed for the Lupo just borrowed from something else. However they do go on, just, and will make it easier for me to alter the camber between wet and dry conditions and more so between track day and road use. Im still learning about caster angle!

Edited by foxy

TBH the top mounts arnt the best fit in the world, I get the impression they arnt designed for the Lupo just borrowed from something else. However they do go on, just, and will make it easier for me to alter the camber between wet and dry conditions and more so between track day and road use. Im still learning about caster angle!

If I remember rightly, adjusting the caster angle alters the way the car will turn in, too much can make it quite aggressive when you turn in, the less caster the smoother it turns in. I can't see it making a huge difference in comparison to changing the damper rates, and possibly dialing in a bit more camber, it's more of a tool for fine tuning and tweaking the car so it's EXACTLY how you want it to handle.

Someone is probably gonna correct me in places there, but that's always how I've understood caster.