lowering a vw fox

slick1990

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you work at VW i would have imagined that you'd have more sense than 17's on a fox, unless of course you are a receptionist? but you seem like a bit of a muppet and wont listen anyway, so more fool you.

we're just giving you advice mate

thats what this forum is all about, helping people.

if you put 17s on your fox i guarantee you will just look a knob. you will drive past people and they will mutter under their breath *chav*

if you slammed it on its ass on 15/16's majority of people wouldnt notice but the few that did would say hmm, ive never seen a fox like that before. i actually quite like it

does any1 know if i lower my fox 30 mm if i would need new shocks ??

30mm should be fine on the standard shocks, only when people lower there cars by 60mm ect that the shocks need to be changed. The ride quality maybe slightly more crashy but, it shouldnt be bad at all. :shades:

but surely 30mm wont do all that much for the price of 100 pounds for the springs?

or will it make more of a difference than i think

all i want to do with my fox is make it look like a standard car whereby it doesnt stand out as 'on stilts'

wat are coilovers, and can u fit all this yourself

i know shitall about cars and modifications, im just looking to lower my car a bit simply

is there a cheap way to lower a car without springs and that maybe at a garage?

and does it put up the insurance, especially ive just entered my second year of driving and 18, so its already stupid money?

cheers

no, you cant lower your car without springs, not safely anyway!

coilovers are basically uprated shocks and springs that are easily height adjustable. ideal if you are unsure on what height you want.

if you are mechanically minded they are quite easy to fit. just a straight swap for the standard set-up

Better off gettin a polo DUNE mate.... T'is goun look GA$H with 17s dropped 35mm. you might as well stick ya halford specials on it an save the money tht u were goin to buy the springs with...............cause dropping it 35mm is a waste ov time. :coffee: