lowering a vw fox

slick1990

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not into lowering cars at all but ive seen fox's with 15" VW wheels on and they look proper 4x4. So with 17s id recon you will need a bigger drop than that.

Maybe an odd way to do it but get the wheels first maybe, and then see how it looks and see what kind of drop will be best :)

i want a car with big wheels that will look smart.im not into all this 1 mm off ground and 8 inch wheels

thats not what hes saying mate - when you put 17s on any car thats normally got 15s, because the radius of the wheel is larger, the centre of the wheel is higher off the ground making the car look jacked up - and with the fox being quite a high riding car already it will probs look abit funny.

i just looked at that black fox your on about - i have to admit it doesnt look as i thort it would - they do fit alright - but it could still do with lowering another 50mm in my opinion, the wheels just dont fill the arches that well.

if i were you id get the wheels you want first, then get some adjustable coilovers so you can wind them down as far as you want, then raise them if they catch!

good luck with it anyway mate :)

edit: sorry mate i dont know if it will catch - try pm'ing big1987 looks like he'll know!

Edited by mills787

just got your pm but thought i'd just reply back.

you defo need adjustable coil overs if your putting 17's on.

This will be fine for everyday use trust me 30mm is just not worth doing anymore than filling the car with people it will hardly look to of budged.

If its not at least 100mm you'll be well disappointed with it.

Have you collected your car yet?!

Mate, if you fancy it, give it a go. Every time I look at my Fox I feel let down by the way VW put it on stilts. I think the New shape Fox is so new that not many people have modded them so at least it would be quite individual. If you fancy 17s and you've got the cash, why not???? ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a silver fox yesterday with the 16" ibiza Fr wheels, the greyish ones, did look nice on them, although on stilts as usual.

Quite like the fox, there seems to be a small growing number of owners on here now too.

slick1990 - Any pics??

:)

Edited by cardaft