Amber's Lupo - Updates - 15/08/2010

Amber

• 3 months later...

Ordered these on Friday and they came today

Apex Springs - only -40mm but they'll do for now :) just want something to take away a bit of arch gap with the bbs on

Should be fitted within a couple of weeks - just need some decent weather so I can clean inside the arches etc while i'm at it!

springs001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Springs fitted yesterday :)

I know it isn't low, and is still too high for a lot of peoples taste - they're only 40mm but pretty happy with them. Ride is ALOT better than I expected. I thought it would be rock hard but its not much different to standard really, just a bit bouncier. And it's a lot of fun round corners now :mrgreen:

Standard wheels are still on until I get camber done this week, don't wanna risk it eating through the toyos and they won't take long to swap over.

I'll get better pics up later but just a couple of quick phone ones:

before:

Image007.jpg

after:

Image071.jpg

Image085.jpg

It looks a good height to me. I like the way you got matching yellow springs :lol:

To make it less bouncy you could fit some firmer shock absorbers - they would compensate for the increased spring rates. But if you're happy with it then thats all that matters!

that looks alright considering its only down 40mm :P

Yeah pretty pleased with it. Will hopefully drop some more once they've settled a bit

Camber and Tracking were sorted yesterday so today the BBS went back on. I got rid of the yellow centres because they looked cack once they were on the car, so the caps are just plain for now whilst I get some more black centers. Pretty happy with it, but would be happier if it was lower, so I reckon coilovers could be making an appearance at the end of the summer :shades:

Before

wheels013.jpg

After

Image005.jpg

Maybe see some of you tomorrow! :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Had a service yesterday, and fitted new brake discs as I was getting a lot of vibration through the steering wheel when braking. That's now all cured.

Latest Pictures:

lupo2-1.jpg

lupo4-1.jpg

lupo1.jpg

lupo3.jpg

Happy with how the springs have settled :) I'd love to lower it more but it'll do for now :P