Buying a gti this weekend (Hopefully)

(Lupo_Simon)

what do u mean by no extras, leather interior and climate control is pretty rare, other than that what u missing?

Cough some of us have all of that, heated seats and a 6 speed box and sunroof! Cough :P

I wouldnt worry about the mileage, these engines will live longer than your decide to keep it for!

Cough some of us have all of that, heated seats and a 6 speed box and sunroof! Cough :P

I wouldnt worry about the mileage, these engines will live longer than your decide to keep it for!

Really, you have climate control, i was only aware on one GTi in the country with that now seeing as though the other one met a sticky end :S

Don't forget side airbags, they were an option as well, although i think it was de-listed as an option half way through.

Really, you have climate control, i was only aware on one GTi in the country with that now seeing as though the other one met a sticky end :S

Don't forget side airbags, they were an option as well, although i think it was de-listed as an option half way through.

Ah yeah should have read that..... not climate control just bog standard ac... although that would be an unnessary option! when my windows work!

Yeah i have side airbags. im pretty sure they came as standard on the leather seats... correct me if im wrong?

what do u mean by no extras, leather interior and climate control is pretty rare, other than that what u missing?

I just meant that it doesnt have the leather or air-con. Would love it, but wouldnt we all :)

Im getting very excited about getting a loop, only ever seen one in my area! Nobody has a lupo down here in Devon :(

Thanks for all the advice guys, will hopefully be able to post you all some pics soon. Got plenty of ideas for my car.

Check that it's had the cambelt done. It should be done at 40k. If it hasn't barter them down to reflect this.

Philplop is right - Cost for this will vary - I paid £334 for mine but that might be slighly higher due to London prices. The seller/dealer may say that it doesn't need doing until 60000 miles but that is incorrect. It is 40-45000 miles or 4 years whatever comes sooner - the handbook is wrong - there are numerous threads on the cambelt issue. So if it hasn't had this done the price should be dropped to compensate for you having to do this. Good luck!!

I didnt get to go look at it in the end. Sorry to disappoint.

Had some problems getting all my money sorted in time.

Definately going up next week if its still about.

Will post some pics if i do and the fun can begin :)

Thanks for the interest guys, appreciate it

nope side air bags are a rare option

good luck with the loop :) check the 3rd brake light is working and the spoilers not too bubbled :)

definately check this!! its a right ba**ard of a job!! :lol: