Lupo GTI 1 - New Mini Cooper 0

DubDub

On the way back from the Trafford Centre the other evening, I was comming down a dual carriageway when I saw this Mini tearing up behind me. Was gunna boot it but as we were aproaching a red light I thought it best to slow... so what did the TW*T do?... thats right, he under took with about 100m to the lights and pulled back in front of me.

Well - I saw red and thought "right its on!"

So we're sat there at the lights waiting for them to change and as they did (to my amusement laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) the guy stalled. I encouraged him on a little with the horn and we were off.

Pretty much neck and neck from 1st - 3rd but as I slammed it in 4th I was all over the guy and could have pushed him along so had to keep letting up slightly.

I don’t think he liked this as he started driving like a knob and people were pulling out into our lane but he wasn’t for slowing.

With a smile, I thought to myself “my work here is done” and backed off.

I love my Lupo!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I love your Lupo also!

I have never tried to race a Mini as I dont mind loseing against any car, I just do not wanna give a mini driver the satifaction of beating a Lupo.

well done mate.

Where abouts in Manchester are you? I saw a lad with his missus getting out of a silver GTI in the Orient at the Trafford Centre a while back and gave him a nod of acknowledgement. I was in my jazz blue SPORT and my mate was in his very nice silver Arosa 16 valver aswell... could have been a mini meet eh?! There aren't many Lupo GTIs about, that's why I ask. They're not really yellow Punto Sportings! I keep seeing a red one around aswell.

Wouldn't mind a spin in this Lupo. I've just got rid of the SPORT for a better car (yayyy) and have always wondered what the difference between that and a GTI are.

Dave,

I live in Astley near Leigh.

Often at the Trafford Centre as the GF loves to shop! she loves it just as much as I hate it.

Have now got the ClubLupo stickers in the back quarters (thanks Clifford) now so you should be able to regognise the Luup should you see it again.

Will have to get a Meet going for the Manc division of ClubLupo.

Yeah, I suppose I'll see you there one time. Women do love to shop! Will come and say hi anyway. You probably don't remember but it was probably you that time!

I loved my Lupo and was sad to get rid of it. I always wanted a GTI before getting the 16V but only having 1 years NCB and being 20 I couldn't afford the insurance at the time. I built up another years NCB (now have 2 years) so wanted to go anoher, larger step up the rung.

I'd come for a meet but I am an Audi lad now. Got my 225 S3 last week and loving it! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

A real big boys toy. I have only had it a little over a week now and have only been up and down the road. Ok, I am lying, I went to the Trafford centre in it on Wednesday but have had exams so haven't really opened it up yet (and it is bloody fast!)

That may well have been me in the orient at the trafford centre as often park there most weekes with the girlfriend. Might have seen you around Manchester Dave _M, did you have a private plate on your sport as i noticed a private plate on a jazz blue sport and recognised it just recently on a graphite s3?

Yep, 666 on the plate. Seen it parked up at the Spread Eagle a few times too, drive past there most evenings as my girlfriend lives round the corner from it. You live around romiley? From hazel grove myself. My loop is reflex silver with tinted windows.

What a small world we live in!!!

I have flashed you a couple of times while in the blue Loop and then I remember just last week parking up outside the spread eagle and hearing this noisy but very quick little thing `red-lining` it out off the estate... This will have been you also, a silver GTI.

I don't actually live in Romiley. I live in Audenshaw (near Ashton `U-Lyne`) but I teach karate in the Spread Eagle every Tuesday and Friday and sometimes on a Saturday also, so that's why I am there. Been training since I was 9 (12 years now) and teaching since establishing the club in early 2003. It's a really enjoyable thing to do and really rewarding (not necessarily financially but training everyone up, especially the younger kids, having them do competitions etc.) My main status is a student at the moment though, but the club is money on the side, hence the cars. Can't wait til I have a main job also! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We'll have to meet up, I wouldn't mind seeing your Lupo - definitely one of my favourite cars and I would still buy one when I get a full time job after finishing Uni.

David.

Sounds good. Wouldn't mind being taken for a quick spin in the Loop one night (obviously not Tues/Fri). Would meet you there. Anyway, if you want to mail me it is moony_s8n@hotmail.com