Photoshop request

Tigz™

or you can d/l a simple version of 3dsmax, called Gmax free, its virtually the same except you cant render pics, its used for character modelling, but it will teach you the basics

i have two books on 3Dmax , been thru the one book, and half way thru the next, but dont have the time for it anymore sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

if you have ever played Quake, and want to change the characters, check out www.polycount.com wiked website for gamers

A 3D renderer that won't render? The worlds 'chocolate' and 'teapot' come to mind wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If you are a student (or know one! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) then you can get the full version of 3DSMax for something like 60 quid. Which considering it costs around 3.5 grand normally, is the bargain of the century!

Guys! I love you both! lol

My Dads a computer technicion for local hospital, and can normally get me any cool programs I want.

What would be the best to go for, I dont want to learn a free one, then have to learn a better one if I grow to like it.

To be honest, when you get the basic concepts down, you'll be able to switch between them relatively easily. Take a look at the websites and see which you think is easiest to get to grips with (good online tutorials, etc).

3DS Max is probably the best known (it's been around for donkey's years) although Maya and trueSpace get a lot of coverage these days, due to being used a lot for 3D game modelling.

Don't expect to pick it up overnight - they're very complicated pieces of software!

It's also a lot more work to do something - for example, if I wanted to photoshop new alloys onto my Lupo, I'd find a decent pic of them online, do some quick scaling, and it would be pretty much done - 15 minutes max.

To do that with a 3D model, I'd be looking at spending a day or so putting together the model of the alloy (unless you can find one that's been done by someone else, which is unlikely).

The results are so much nicer though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

or you can get a copy of the net for nutha, if you not gonna be using it for anything else than screw around why waste 60 quid ?

teapot ? 2 sugars mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You two make me laugh, you bicker mor than me and ema! lol

Snoop, off topic but wanted to thank ya for the copy of Elsa, VW was wanting to charge me for the valve to be fitted, saying it was caused by my exhaust, cos I was able to look it up, I was able to tell them it was there fault, for not checking it when they left my car 4 weeks with a faulty Lander sender.

Warrenty! yay!

rofl , i wont say a word then tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

tigs , to learn max out of a book is bloody hard mate, when you get stuck (every 10- 15 minutes) you need to ask someone what to do, posting on a forum etc, and it takes loads of time

i did a model of Buzz from toy story, for quake3, ill try find a render

QUOTE(Blackrat)
you need to ask someone what to do, posting on a forum etc

i did a model of Buzz from toy story, for quake3, ill try find a render

That an offer for the help Clifford? lol

Would be good to be able to creat your car in 3D, much be5tter than photoshop.

Only just started learning with it, and Im really bored.

This 3D stuff sounds, alot more fun.

So you can create who ever you want for games like Quake on it?

Any other games you can for?

Quakes cool, but people have been playing alot longer than I have, so always lose in a matter of seconds, when ever I played anyone online.... would be cool to make your own carrector though.

I've tried to learn 3Ds Max loads of times as it's so good when you want to make something that looks almost real! I can use 3D CAD like Pro Engineer (and sort of CATIA on Unix but that's a total bitch!). In someways it's more satisfying as you are creating an actual exact replica of a real object. The copy of Pro Engineer I have also allows you to creat working mechanisms. That basically means, if you had the time and inclination you could design an engine, turn the crank shaft and everything would move (although in reality the program is really fussy about rules within building the items so it can get stupidly complex and almost impossible).

This is a Forumula One wheel I rendered a couple of years back:

F1WheelBack.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

F1WheelFront.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Nice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Very smooth! You just getting a 1.0l put back in or are you gonna pu a different engine in?

The 1 litre "power" plant is oing back in, they are only having to replace the wireing harness, alternator and a few rubber hoses.

So looks like Ive still got another 2 year wait till the warrenty is up ready for an engine swap.

Just gonna have to concentrate on the looks really.

• 1 month later...
was it in readers rides?

If it was it was in PVW, if it wasnt I think there was some thing in Golf about that time trail course at inty.

Never saw it, Sarahs mum saw it I think.

:? I Thought i saw it in readers wives Andi... Doh Wrong forum sorry :roll: