fitting fk's part 2

Blackrat

ok so the front is done , you had to lower the car onto blocks or you couldnt get the jack out to do the rear

MVC00139.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

remove the plastic trim around the back struts , you need to pull the rear boot seal off , and need to remove the rear door panel to access the screws and retainers

once off it should look summing like this

MVC00109.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

jack the car up and insert the axle stands so the car dont fall on yer 'ed , itll hurt , ask Ross

MVC00116.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

the crew ...

Si on the left pushing the wheel down with Matt on the right helping out , Ross sleeping on the job, again .. and i dont recall what i was doing, almost a builders crack there huh, John taking the pic

MVC00117.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Remove the rear coils by having someone press the wheel down once the rear shock lower bolt has been removed .

The adjustable part of the rear suspension is pretty straight froward , turn the two rings up and the car raises , visa versa

MVC00119.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

install the unit by screwing in the bolt and washer , and again .. Ross tight

MVC00120.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

it should look something like this, if not, youve done summing wrong

MVC00121.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

with the rear coil in place

MVC00123.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

remove the bump stop and dust cover from the old damper, it will be neede on the new dampers

MVC00125.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00126.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

insert damper, replace rubber spacer , washer , and nut

MVC00127.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

replace lower damper bolt + tighten

MVC00128.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

once you have inserted the rear coils you will notice that a rubber mount that goes on top of the coil is missing ...so , remove the coils by undoing the last few steps ... and proceed as follows

MVC00131.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

stuggle like 'ell trying to press the rubber bush type thing onto the coil and dont succeed , swear a bit then pass it to me and ill do it MVC00133.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00134.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00135.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00136.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MVC00115.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

thanks for inviting me guys, had a fantastic day , cheers for the drinks

it looks the mutts 'tts, dont it

Again i really appreciate all your help guys... really learnt a lot from yesterday and these pics will most definately help others... sorry i couldnt be of help fitting them but will certainly buy the drinks next time around if its any bonus

Well l've gotta take mine off to fit the new spring seats so l'll take some pics and post them up to see how the different coilover kits varie. Mines KW variant 2 by the way, any one else got pics of anything else? Eibach? Bilstein? Funthech? Be good to see the differences so people wanting to buy coilovers can see the quality, installation and ride heights of the different kits. I had a nightmare deciding but very pleased with the variant 2's

Chris

JUST A QUICK POINT.

I SHORTENED THE REAR BUMP STOPS BEFORE I REFITTED THEM AS THE KONI SHOCKS ARE SHORTER TRAVEL THAN THE STD ONES.

IF YOU DONT SHORTEN THE BUMP STOPS WHEN YOU HAVE THE CAR REAL LOW IT WILL HIT BUMP STOPS TOO EARLY AND YOU WONT GET FULL SUSPENSION TRAVEL.

QUOTE(bossjohnc)
QUOTE(twisty `b-road`)
They do look poo on standard spensh (and drive it)

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Thought more would bite, knew john would though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI)
JUST A QUICK POINT.

I SHORTENED THE REAR BUMP STOPS BEFORE I REFITTED THEM AS THE KONI SHOCKS ARE SHORTER TRAVEL THAN THE STD ONES.  

IF YOU DONT SHORTEN THE BUMP STOPS WHEN YOU HAVE THE CAR REAL LOW IT WILL HIT BUMP STOPS TOO EARLY AND YOU WONT GET FULL SUSPENSION TRAVEL.

Darren I'll remember that when I buy mine, and pop round so you can show me what you mean :wink:

well im taking detours to get around places... as the front spitter keeps catching as im coming out of roads with a slight angle... dont get me wrong im loving it... bouncy bouncy!!! off to southend tonight to have some encounters with speed bumps laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />