asap need advise

hello im going to buy a gti y reg 01 to day what problems do thay have as a rule i need to cheak if thay have been done like i here about pedal boxs alot and gear box or some thing it would be very help full for me many thanks joe

GTI gearboxes are like all of them, just check it shifts okay.

pedal box isn't an issue because it's hyraulic not cable so there's less stress.

ok cool so any thing else i should be looking out for??

just check it's all straight and no crashes, you always hear about people getting them and they've been crashed, tap panels, check the sounds hollow, no bodge, wheels are straight that kind of thing.

I once bought a crashed one . . . . .

just check it's all straight and no crashes, you always hear about people getting them and they've been crashed, tap panels, check the sounds hollow, no bodge, wheels are straight that kind of thing.

I once bought a crashed one . . . . .

ok ill let you now how it gos theres some pics ont the readers ride page looks well nice

Starter motor probably. did it happen for about a second after it fired?

Its a common thing with the starter motor, but don't 'think' its a problem, its more just a pain to hear it. A new starter would sort it though.