Kept Up With a Clio 172(just)

gargoil

they`ve just finished today buikding a new bit of road near me and it just opened today it goes from a 30 thru a roundabout and is a 60 at the roundabout exit. There was a clio 172 in front of me and the road was otherwise clear. I wanted him to boot it to see how much quicker it was than me as I recon I'm pushing at least 145Bhp so I got right up his ass to bully him into booting it. he did and I did, in 2nd leaving the roundabout up until 100mph he maybe pulled about a car length and a half after that I slowed down as I knew then he`d start pulling away. but I was really chuffed! 8)

145bhp?

Jesus, that at the flywheel matey?

You can just picture the seene.

Clio driver going to shop with the missus.

Little lupo Gti screeming up behind.

Boots it as to not let a "****ty" little motor pass him.

Hang on hes still there

"Told you you should have bought one of them Lupos... you could have bought me that new bathroom you've...."

Nice one mate.

I once nearly kept up with a Tractor once, the farmer, cow and group of pigs travelling with him were well supprised!

I did hear a rumer from the guy who took me for the test drive in the 182 that the 172 was acually quicker on the road than the 182 :? Dont know how true it was, just thought it was a wierd thing to say to someone who is on a test drive.

Theres on always parked on the roundabout across from the Renault dearship in Rotherham.

Gotta be one of the best looking hot hatch ever built, its just that Dash that puts me off.

Power is everything.

I have raced jsut about everything at the lights.

Heres what I have won.

The man in the Alfa (dont ask me how, it was up hill as well) :?

The man on the 21 speed mountin bike

Heres what I lost against.

Tesco Merc Sprinter chassis cab

Jag (that was well funny, he was really trying!) I didnt get off the start very well though!

Lots of scoobys

Saxos

Corsas

Mk2 feista

M3 BMW (that one was quite close lol)

mk 4 Golf GTi (that really was close, I was infront till about 100 yards then he left me)

Mk 4 Golf TDi (didnt stand a chance)

Max 1st time (I had nothing in the boot, and did quite well)

Max 2nd time (Boot full with no passengers, Max had his mate, but I lost really badly)

The list goes on, but my favourate was the Chevy V8!

:roll: i bet it's fast round round a bouts si

Tigz your motor may be low powered but it looks the nuts and i Bet its cheaper to run than my gti

QUOTE(jpgti)
gargoil wot mods have u had done m8??? (iv proberly asked u this before)

BMC

powewrflow decat

port and polish of head and exhaust manifold

eibach springs

eibach `anti-roll` bar

koni shocks

oz superturismo wrc's

ecotek v/v

front strut brace

next few months....shrick fast road cams, sorg inlet manifold,cylinder head skim,ported throttle body and that'll be it finished and I'll start modding the Scooby!

Got my up and comance today as I tried pretty much the same thing again with a Cooper S but by the time I hit 100 I was about 4 miles behind it! ego back down to normal size! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Doubt you're pushing 145bhp if you couldn't keep up with him. Seat Ibiza Cupra could outrun one, and that only had 156bhp and weighed 1200kg.

It got whupped by the Clio Cup though. :x

Well mine rr'd at 132 standard, someone else on here rr'd at 141bhp with powerflow decat and bmc on their car and I could feel a big difference after the internal work so I am no doubt that it's at least 145Bhp. Don't get me wrong, I've driven a 172 before and it's much quicker than a lopp gti if the guy had been a decent driver znd/or trying as best he could I'm pretty sure I'd still be a long way behind!

Think it was redlupogti who had there's rr'd at 141 as I can't think of anyone else with a powerflow decat on here!

Clio(170Bhp) 156Bhp/ton

Ibiza(156Bhp) 130Bhp/ton

Lupo(145Bhp) 145Bhp/ton

Doubting that a 1200Kg car with 156Bhp could "outrun" a 172, even with an extra 20Bhp on my car it'll only be a little bit quicker! Trying to persuade my gf to get a Cup as they are excellent pretty much as quick as a CTR, but unfortunately she wants a 206cc!