who polices the police!?!?

mills787

The police can pull you over at any time. The reason for that is, it is an offence for a person to not be able to produce their driving documents when requested to by a police officer.

This seems to be silly as, who carries their docs in their car? If my car got nicked then the thieves have all the stuff they need to clone my car and ruin my life! Anyway, they normally give a producer which gives you seven days to show the docs at a police station.

The point of it is to allow police to stop cars containing criminals. Most people aren't criminals but I can't remember the last time I heard of a drug dealer who uses public transport......

There are of course, bad police drivers but be happy, if you are a copper and you get 6 points on your licence (on or off duty - and traffic cops love to book non traffic cops) then they can lose it! This is half the amount of points that us lot can get! They also can get disciplined, suspended and docked pay!

There's my bit to say! :blush:

The police can pull you over at any time. The reason for that is, it is an offence for a person to not be able to produce their driving documents when requested to by a police officer.

This seems to be silly as, who carries their docs in their car? If my car got nicked then the thieves have all the stuff they need to clone my car and ruin my life! Anyway, they normally give a producer which gives you seven days to show the docs at a police station.

The point of it is to allow police to stop cars containing criminals. Most people aren't criminals but I can't remember the last time I heard of a drug dealer who uses public transport......

There are of course, bad police drivers but be happy, if you are a copper and you get 6 points on your licence (on or off duty - and traffic cops love to book non traffic cops) then they can lose it! This is half the amount of points that us lot can get! They also can get disciplined, suspended and docked pay!

There's my bit to say! :blush:

would you like to make up any more random bollox facts?

i used to be in the police and i had far more than 6 points and never lost my licence.

there are any number of reasons you can be stopped, and no you don't have to have your documents on you. hell, i could say that i smelt drugs when you drove past me, how is anyone ever gonna prove otherwise? all that is needed is reasonable reason to suspect that an offense has or is, or might be comitted.

would you like to make up any more random bollox facts?

i used to be in the police and i had far more than 6 points and never lost my licence.

there are any number of reasons you can be stopped, and no you don't have to have your documents on you. hell, i could say that i smelt drugs when you drove past me, how is anyone ever gonna prove otherwise? all that is needed is reasonable reason to suspect that an offense has or is, or might be comitted.

Thanks for the flaming.

Please check the Road Traffic Act for the legislation surrounding driving document production.

My example of the 6 points issue is the current status of one officer within a regional force that I know personally.

Also, a brilliant example of making police officers look bad, "I could say that I smelt drugs".

I was trying to be helpful, you were simply rude.