Grrrr......Anyone got VW's UK Head office address?

`e-to`-`the-z`

I am seething about my local VW dealership.....basically they are a bunch of incompetant idiots.

I want to write a letter to HO to complain and demand compensation, anyone got the UK address?

Also, has anyone ever written a complaint to them before? any tips?

Cheers peeps!

(Ps. the branch in question is the Hatch in Basingstoke - idiots the lot of them!)

Yes - dont write just yet try ringing first. I did and just don't give up - if they don't sort you out ask to speak to someone higher up. I found them all to be really helpful and as I persisted they came good!

...but on the other hand I have heard stories on here and CLub GTI that they aren't always that good.

Address:

Yeomans Drive

Blakelands

Milton Keynes

MK14 5AN

This is the number I eventually rang but not sure its useful for what you need it for: 01908 601243

Whats the problem?

Also need to right to complain so that address would be handy, l'm taking mine in again to the stealers so l'll ask them for the address then if nobody knows it. They really are total crap at my local dealership. If l didnt like my Gti so much l be tempted to get a different make. Pity l'm a dubber at heart hey!

Chris

R U sure it`s not.....

666 "can`t find a fault" street

****erville

Uselesslovely personsshire

London

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My mate had lots of problems with a Fiat dealer and wrote to them and got feck all but wrote to all the car magazines and one letter got published and Fiat gave him several grand towards a new car. Funnily enough not a Fiat!

What's my problem? God where do I start!!!

I've had countless issues with the clutch....it's been in 10+ times now and only just today (apparently) been sorted.....also on the list of defects (for a car that's only a Y reg) is....

1- faulty driver side window....wouldn't go back up

2- initial cooling fan on engine failure

3- passenger side indicator bulb unit fell out

4- Clutch click (this is the main complaint)

5- Rattle in cup holder

I've lost count of how many times the car has been in, and I've been fobbed off with one excuse after another (there's always anew part that needs to be back ordered!)

And to top it off, when I demanded a hire car, I got one. But they didn't bother to ring my work number when my car was ready (I've had the hire car 2 weeks, taking it back today) they were ringing my home number since Monday where I haven't been! said no reply here at my work number (the number they've always used before!) which is utter ****. Now they are saying "can you bring the car back this morning?" when I've said I'm taking it at a time convinient to me, not them (i.e. tonight)

Bunch of arseholes....their customer services SUCK.

how old is it?

also, why dont you go to another dealer. this isnt martins in basingstoke is it?

i have been to 3 dealers and finally found one who is helpful and sorts out these probs..... but the back order issue seems to be a problem with every part

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
how old is it?

also, why dont you go to another dealer.  this isnt martins in basingstoke is it?

i have been to 3 dealers and finally found one who is helpful and sorts out these probs..... but the back order issue seems to be a problem with every part

It's 3 years old in June....Y reg.

And yes, this is Martins in Basingstoke....silly me was so desperate to get a Gti from a main dealer that I snapped it up.....I wish I hadn't bothered now.

If you can be arsed bring it up to Colbornes in Guildford. Mine started life in Martins, the previous owner was a mate of the dealer boss so he said Martins were really good. But now I use Colbornes and tbh they are excellent...... worth a try, but yeah give them a blast on the phone because the dealer only has so much power.

I think it was RallyeBaz off the forum that finally managed to reject his car after all his problems, but it was new.

good luck

I had problems with Vindis in Cambridge and they gave me the 20 & 30K service free + £25 voucher.

I have had the clutch lay on the floor once stuck in traffic and the passenger window does stick and now sometimes the water thermometer goes to zero which is strange and like you my warranty runs out at the end of this month.

QUOTE(tdwindustries)

I think it was RallyeBaz off the forum that finally managed to reject his car after all his problems, but it was new.

good luck

I think it was olddirtylovely person wasn't it? Seem to remember there was a hell of a fight with the dealer and vw to get them to take it back.

Hope it goes well, so far my dealer seems ok, but I guess I should wait till the real problems start.

Yeah, definately ODB.

Right, I'm going for a moan to get some free services. Since December, my car's been in for:

The spoiler to be resprayed (3 occasions)

The bonet release cable

The rear wash wipe

The rear spoiler light being too dim

Grinding door

Dodgy Xenon (replaced)

I could do with a free 20k service at least.

Also, saw some head honcho at Abridge VW, think he was the UK boss. Drives a Toureg with the number plate "VW 1". Nice!

A cabbie picked me up from Abridge VW this morning in a ford focus.

It'd done 180,000 miles, and still looked and sounded new. Never had any trouble with it, and not replaced anything other than for wear (e.g. brakes, clutch).

Probably quite unusual, but very good for him.

hey i've done ridiculous mileage in mine... and the list isnt that long laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

window seals x 2 (twice)

fuel filter

fuel pump

high level brake light

v belt

under tray

steering shroud

passenger seat mechanism

exhaust mountings

starter motor

passenger window switch

that list obv. doesnt include service items and wipers and stuff

but as you said at the start... its a great car. if you had a tvr then this would be a drop in the ocean smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />