bike engined lupo??

lupoadam

1 litre screamer is in the process using a ZX12 engine I believe. There is a huge thread about lightening the car which is a good read. Leave yourself a good couple of hours to get through :)

Read me

Edited by Joe

only a nut job would put a bike engine in a lupo!

hold on a minute...

Just a little update.

Looking at the pictures it doesnt actually look like much has been done but it has, the back of the shell is now supported and the spaceframe is starting to taking shape. Next will be to cut the remaining floor out, which is ready to be removed, i just need the time to get it done.

FRONTSIDE.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

SIDEBACK.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC01573.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

yep deffo a nut job :P

One of the Mini magazines has a front engined rear drive car on the cover this month. That would appeal more to me as a method of conversion as you get round the short chain and how to make an effective diff problems.

If it were something I was seriously contemplating, I'd look at using a BMW E30 rear end as it's self contained and uses a 4x100mm PCD. Engine wise, I'd probably go for a large capacity older engine rather than the fashionable but expensive 'Busa unit. Another other benefit might be that the car could still look stock when finished.

Edited by IDGM