whack beats armageddon on the streets

Mitchell

I have no idea what advert you're on about, but i do know that i've listened to it 3 times already....i tend to avoid adverts whenever i can.

Ok I meant Honda lol, and after listening to it again it is nothing like it, but I know what I meant in my head. BossJohn put the link up to the actual one a bit back, Battles By Atlas

Youtube Video ->

Original Video

• 2 weeks later...

Something slightly heavier to follow Pics tune, more bass was needed!

*edit* Same song, more random video!

Edited by LoopEd

It's been ages since I posted in this thread, but I think you guys will like this...

Anyone read Gibson's ("Pattern Recognition" ) because this is lifted straight from the plot of that book. I'll not spoil that novel, but the ending was not what you would expect...

Anyway, here is the last.fm summary:

Viral video campaigns are about as common as spam nowadays, but every once in a while, one of these 21st century marketing wonders actually gets our attention. Such is the case with the elusive YouTube phenomenon only known as “iamamiwhoami,” which first started uploading mysterious clips (and e-mailing websites about them) in December of 2009. Rumors of the identity of “iamamiwhoami” include Jonna Lee, Little Boots, Lykke Li, Fever Ray and Zeigeist

And here are all the videos so far:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamamiwhoami

Of which, a couple of extremes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILsGD9jx7NE

The more "beats-orientated" ones do sound more like Fever Ray than any of the other suggestions, and the imagery (surreal such as it is) is right up their street.

Anyway, I'm a sucker for a viral campaign, and this is a good one...

Edited by dxg

To borrow a phrase, this is not a first single, this is assault with a deadly weapon. Sleigh Bells‘ “Tell ‘Em,” the first taste of their upcoming M.I.A.-sanctioned first LP, Treats, is loud and proud and sounds like it’ll bash your face in if you look at it the wrong way. The way Gwen Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl” would sound after an all nighter with WAVVES.
When you're pushing That New Sound in 2010 it does not hurt to be The Loudest. We're all gonna to be popping hearing aids by 40 thanks to MP3s and ear buds anyway, right? May as well make those hearing years count. So: Sleigh Bells make music to blow your ears out to. You may not be able to grasp certain frequencies after bracing through this particular waveform, but you will not regret it. Trent Reznor wishes he thought of this; so does little Jon.

Because those claps and snaps are nothing but crunk. Because nobody has made a guitar sound so hawkish since Jack White. Because it's got the both the bone crunch of third and long and the pom-pom chants built in. Just look at that album cover-- they're about to assault many NFL highlight reels and the world will be better for it. Meanwhile, Sleigh Bells want to tell us-- or 'em-- something. "All the kids these days/ Do you really wanna be that way?" goes the head cheerleader with the tattoos. She's disappointed with this youth, but she's not spitting on 'em. She wants to see more, better. "You could do your best today," she hopes. It's called leading by example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNX9jzwJUZI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...