Das Auto.

jon_273

Is this a first in a lupo?

ScangaugeII trip computer and non-chavvy boost gauge:

What do you think?

it is so far I think, i myself have been wanting one of these for a long time, and a really like the din enclosure you have installed it in. Care to elaborate how you did it?

Looks great and very functional too.

Yeah the blue colour is spot on. A whole bunch of gauges in a neat little package!

To elaborate on how I did it, I took a DIN plate, masked up the front and marked out a rectangle 1mm smaller than the dimensions of the Scangauge (to allow for mistakes!) Next I drilled a hole in each corner, put a coping saw through the hole and cut out a rough rectangle. Then I spent ages with a small file making the hole the exact size :D

Yeah the blue colour is spot on. A whole bunch of gauges in a neat little package!

To elaborate on how I did it, I took a DIN plate, masked up the front and marked out a rectangle 1mm smaller than the dimensions of the Scangauge (to allow for mistakes!) Next I drilled a hole in each corner, put a coping saw through the hole and cut out a rough rectangle. Then I spent ages with a small file making the hole the exact size :D

Very Nice car my friend. I take my hat off to you :)

did i see starlites on it on some of the pictures?

and were did you get it remapped please ?:) Pm me with a price ish and place if you dont mind :) cheers

• 5 years later...

Hi, yes I've had a few. My mum had a green SE for 7 years, and I used to have an anthracite GTI at the same time:

P1030308.jpg

I sold the GTI to fund an A4 cab and gave the TDI to my mum. Reluctantly we sold the SE. Then about two years after selling the anthracite GTI I bought another one:

P1030194small_zps84d52b04.jpg

To answer your question, the TDi was on Eibach springs. However it's now on a H&R comfort kit (in the last pic).

I've also fitted a GTI rear beam and polybushed most things since I last updated this thread! The stereo is back to standard now too.

Well since this thread has been raised from the dead I may as well post an update.

The Eibach springs and Arosa sport dampers were removed and a H&R Comfort Kit (TDI specific) fitted:

IMG_0125_zps038c69a3.jpg

H&R compared to Eibach/OE combo:

IMG_0128_zps59310d36.jpg

IMG_0124_zps559bf3a7.jpg

Meaty spring compressor... no springs are escaping from this!

IMG_0126_zps481c2520.jpg

Had to swap these bits over from the original dampers to keep the dust covers in place:

IMG_0127_zps89013a5a.jpg

I replaced the front wishbone rear bush, ARB link bushes and rear beam bushes with Powerflex ones. New OEM top mounts and bearings were fitted to the front struts too. New stainless nuts and washers for the ARB link, and zinc plated high tensile bolts for the ball joint mount finished the job off nicely:

P1030269.jpg

Replacing the bushes wasn't as difficult as I was expecting. The old parts:

P1030272.jpg

The poly bushes do make the car feel very tight to drive. Definitely worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a while. My old ones weren't too bad so it wasn't night and day, but considering their longevity, performance benefits, lack of impact on ride quality, and the fact that they are probably easier to fit than replacement OEM wishbone bushes would be, make them a worthwhile purchase...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...