Finally got the stereo out, does anyone know how it's wired?

Hey Guys,

You may have seen another topic where I was struggling wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> to get an RCD 200 stereo (VW) out from an 07 Fox. Also in an 06 polo.

Seeing as you peeps seem to have your fingers on the pulse - does anyone know how the new VW wiring system works? I'm trying to add a pair of rear speakers. I know the unit and do it and the wiring appears to be there at the head unit but I can't see where it goes!!!

Otherwise I shall simply have to start experimenting!

All help gratefully received!

Robster wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

well there should have been 2 plugs going into the back of your stereo, one is for power etc. the other is just for speakers.

there should be 8 cables 2 of each colour. just work out which is front and which is back! hope this helps

It doesn't have them when from VW but the first thing I heard about it was that VW Ireland were offering a rear upgrade for about 100 notes. VW UK are NOT! lol. THe RCD 200 specs state that if it has rears then it can do adjustment front to back which makes me believe that it can support them. (Pretty sure the RCD 200 in other models like polo had rears too).

It seems that I shall have to run the cables myself but there is a mounting bracket and appropriate hole in the rear panels for speakers 6 1/2 inch ones I think. That's where I am at this point anyways!

All good fun.

Normally with VW radios they do 2 different types.

In the lupo and Polo they did a gamma and beta. They looked the same but the beta had the rear speakers, The gamma was front only

Im not sure if this goes for the fox one.

Normally with VW radios they do 2 different types.

In the lupo and Polo they did a gamma and beta. They looked the same but the beta had the rear speakers, The gamma was front only

Im not sure if this goes for the fox one.

It's the other way around, beta is front only, gamma is front and rear *curses as he has a beta unit*

It's the other way around, beta is front only, gamma is front and rear *curses as he has a beta unit*

Sorry, Your right.

I knew that myself. I dont know why i put it the other way blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Finally found the speaker wires for the rear speakers! So I just need to connect a pair of speakers to it!

Anyone know if I'll have a problem chopping off the VW (Actually says Audi on it) speaker connector?

I don't think there should be.

Happy days - Sound system upgrade coming!

Anyone know if I'll have a problem chopping off the VW (Actually says Audi on it) speaker connector?

Yes you'll void the warranty on anything that is connected to a wiring loom in your car.