Snowy's Gone a bit Mad..

Im sure these are all common problems just by reading the other threads but im trying to get all the asnwers in one place.

Does anyone else's loop lock itself if you dont get in and drive away within like, 30 secs?! At first i thaught it was some sort of over the top saftey thing, but now its getting on my tits. I got the car Vagcom'd last night and the guy reckoned it may have something to do with my keys and that they havent been coded properly? Ayone else had that at all? I know my door check strap (?) is a bit buggered coz the door knocks when i open it so im guessing maybe it doesnt know the door is open or something?! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> My buzzer to let me know my lights are still on doesnt work either, i know some people have had issues with this, but i dont know if anyone ever came to a final conclusion? I heard rumours of VW suggesting removal of the dash or somthing crazy? wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

c) My car HATES being in 1st gear. I know loads of people have had trouble with crunching and having to fight with their gearbox to get in reverse, well ive had a little bit of crunching so ill defs be keeping an eye on it, but im not sure if its just my pathectic driving and being too careful, but the car does some serious "kangaroo-ing" when i pull away, but as soon as i put it into second its smooth as you like. Maybe its a GTI thing and my car just wants to go fast?!

and finally.. On my A3 it had this really cool feature where if you lock the car the horn will beep to confirm you locked it. Technically im not in desperate need to have this as Snowy seems to have a nack of locking himself anyway but it would be cool to have as ive got a brain like a seive. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Any answers would be greatly appreciated smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

all the lupo/arosa doors do that - think it is a safety thing...

I have the same problem with the light warning buzzer - have been told it is a part in the door lock that needs replaced and is accessed by taking off the door panels...

the lupo/arosa gearboxes are crap. mine does exactly the same I have to keep telling my gf that its not my driving!

not sure about linking the horn up to sound when locked but u could somehow link it to the wiring loom but not sure!

Yeah, the self-locking thing is normal. Good idea I suppose, but gets on my tits if I unlock the car to get something out of the boot, then it locks itself and sets the alarm off because I haven't opened the drivers door.

If you unlock the car and DONT open any doors it will lock itself again afer about 30 seconds.

But do you mean when you unlock the car and OPEN the door and get in it locks itself if you dont turn the key?

If so they this and the problem of the warning buzzer not working is the same thing. Sounds like your door switch has failed so the cars doesnt know that your opening the door. Does your interior light work? and does the car still lock if you open the passenger door?

Sounds like you need a new door catch, as i think the switch is in there. Mine was replaced under warranty on my Arosa.

Not sure about the 1st gear problem, maybe the clutchs needs adjusting, i carnt remember now if the GTi has a cable or hydraulic clutch, if its hydraulic then its self adjusting. And ive not heard of a GTi having pedal box issues so it shouldnt be that.

The horn thing in not sure about, i dont think you can have it so it beeps when you lock it, although i do know what you mean. But saying that it could be just something thats turned on with VAG-COM.

The self locking isn't normal - your driver's door 'open' sensor is faulty. You should also notice that the interior light doesn't come on when you open it.

The car locks the doors and alarms itself after 30s because it thinks you haven't opened the door in the first place!

Edit: Damn, beaten.

Yeah, the self-locking thing is normal. Good idea I suppose, but gets on my tits if I unlock the car to get something out of the boot, then it locks itself and sets the alarm off because I haven't opened the drivers door.

Your car losks iteslef again even if you open the boot confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> , it shouldnt do, im sure mine doesnt.

the car will lock itself even with the boot open.. easiest way to get round is open passenger or drivers door then shut it.. wont lock itself then. Im sure that you can get a noise when you set the alarm, its on vagcom i think.. you wouldnt havet o take the dash apart for the buzzer to work, only time ive ever had something in the dash was a new insert. I need a new door strap and door latch mechanism as both mine are buggered.

Oh right, im 99% sure mine doesnt lock itself when i open the boot. Maybe its an Arosa thing, i will check tomorrow.

In fact usually i open the boot and throw my keys on the back seat and put stiff in the boot, so if i did that it 'should' lock me out, but it doesnt.

If you get the car hooked up to VAGCom you can turn on the arm/disarm chirp. All sports its a nasty noise made using the horn, but GTis have a nice beep. You can also enable an autolock when goin over 5mph?. Just a carjacking feature really. When you take the keys out of the ignition the doors unlock.

As for the autolock thing you mentioned. If you don't open any doors after unlocking, yes it relocks for security. However if you unlock, open a door and then it still relocks its a dodgy sensor on the door. This can become a problem if for example you are washing the car, and put the keys inside the car, as you can lock your keys in ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Yeah i think ts something to do with the door lock too, coz Morgan my VAGCOM guru reckoned it was a possiblity that my keys havet been programmed properly. As with the locking after 30secs, yeah im starting to lear to deawl with it coz it is quite a good idea unless you wana hoover or do the thursday night big shop at asda laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> BUT my interior light DOES come on when i open the door so he must know the door is open but lock anyway?! Ive never seen that on the forum tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Im off to VW in sec anyhoo coz i do need a new check strap and a couple of other bits. As for the 1st gear thing, i really do thaink its just me being too gentle with it blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> coz he's fine as soon as i start hooning it around and yeah your right cardaft it is a hydro so i'll just add that to my pile of "features"

I'll post in here if VW come up with anything interesting.

Much love x

Mine only deactivates the self locking thing from the drivers door. If I open the boot or passenger door it will lock itself. Pretty sure my interior light works though.

Is this not normal?

it should work with either door mate..

@Claire, can you stick part no up of check strap please when you get one...ta smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mine only deactivates the self locking thing from the drivers door. If I open the boot or passenger door it will lock itself. Pretty sure my interior light works though.

Is this not normal?

Well i tested both my Arosas today and they dopnt lock again if i open the boot or either door, but it works as normal if i dont open anything.

Surely yours should be the same? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

If you get the car hooked up to VAGCom you can turn on the arm/disarm chirp. All sports its a nasty noise made using the horn, but GTis have a nice beep. You can also enable an autolock when goin over 5mph?. Just a carjacking feature really. When you take the keys out of the ignition the doors unlock.

Ahaaa, top info! On the arosa the indicators flashed once to lock, and twice to unlock. The GTi doesnt flash at all when I lock it, just the interior light goes off. I was going to ask if there was a way you could get it to flash or beep or do something that would make sure i knew it was locked. I always end up thinking whether i locked it or not and going back to check rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Hmm...well going to VW was a bit of a washout - they all ****** off home at 12 blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> My lights flash when i lock it too which should happen on the GTI - cant wait to get the VAGCOM guys to get my beep enabled, on the sports and others it will be the horn like in my A3, but for the GTi you get a cool beep smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> simple things.....

@ Andy - For you my love? anything tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> As soon as i know i'll let you know, you know?!

@ Phillip - Sorry dude, i think we can safely say, this is not normal tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> everyone else's posts ive read have said that if theyve got problems with their loops doing self lock-age and no buzzer-age to let you know youve left your lights on, all have said their interior lights dont come on when you open the door.

...but snowy does so i shall fight it out with VW Martins in Camberley tomorrow and let you know my finidngs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As requested by andy - the part code thingy for the check strap on a loop (im guessing its the same part throughout the Es Sports and GTis)

6EO837249C

One of these thingys will set you back £14.92 inc VAT. And ofc they dont keep em in stock so you'll have to be patient and order one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Tried to speak to servicing at Martins VW in Camberley about the lack of light buzzerage, they just said ive got to pay £49 to take snowy in regardless of if they know the problem anyway.

I told her it was a comon problem, which put her nose very much out of joint so im going to have to start being nice about my local dealer as one of the girlies in there is a member blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

so im going to have to start being nice about my local dealer

You wot get anywhere with dealers like that wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />, push them until they do something is my way tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• Like 1

My GTI locks the doors on me, also the light buzzer doesnt work but my interior light does work when i open the door.

Anyone have a part number for this door sensor ? and a price please

Well Autoworks VW in Salisbury quoted me minimum £84 and you need to get the door panels off etc. If your check strap is on its way out then it'll be worth your while doing that then too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 5 years later...

this thread is the closest I can find to a fault that has just developed on my Arosa - my central locking will actuate randomly, locking doors and boot but without the key inserted in the ignition! 'going mad' is right as I thought I was. Would have been amusing to anyone watching me as I had to retrieve car keys twice from inside (locked) house before I realised what was happening.

Edited by pond

this thread is the closest I can find to a fault that has just developed on my Arosa - my central locking will actuate randomly, locking doors and boot but without the key inserted in the ignition! 'going mad' is right as I thought I was. Would have been amusing to anyone watching me as I had to retrieve car keys twice from inside (locked) house before I realised what was happening.

Carry a spare key.