Mesh grille

colin g

I want one of those, so thanx...

Sorry to butt in on your thread but.. How do you get the old grill off? I had a lok and it loks as though I have to take off the whole bumper because it's attatched to the indicators.. ??

I want one of those, so thanx...

Sorry to butt in on your thread but.. How do you get the old grill off? I had a lok and it loks as though I have to take off the whole bumper because it's attatched to the indicators.. ??

i can scan in the instructions. not sure how to upload images though. :s you do need to take off the top panel of the bumper... (only a small bit & looks easy) 2 screws....i think

it reads.,

1.Detach connection plugs of turn signal indicators

2.remove the two upper screws.

3.Pull trim panel with radiator grille forwards and carefully disengage snap-in hook using a screwdriver.

4.carefully separate corner areas of trim panel(joint with wing) from wing using a plastic wedge (danger of breaking side securing pins)

5.swivel trim panel with radiator grille out forwards.press lower part of trim panel in direction of arrow unlocking the clips.

then gos on to say...remove indicators and take off panel...screw on new one...put car back together etc.

Blimey, that's a lot of fuss for the little beast! My mk2 & mk4 Golfs were just.. Unclip old one, clip new one back! hehe

I may just make the badge black for now..

Edited by micky c

i can scan in the instructions. not sure how to upload images though. :s you do need to take off the top panel of the bumper... (only a small bit & looks easy) 2 screws....i think

it reads.,

1.Detach connection plugs of turn signal indicators

2.remove the two upper screws.

3.Pull trim panel with radiator grille forwards and carefully disengage snap-in hook using a screwdriver.

4.carefully separate corner areas of trim panel(joint with wing) from wing using a plastic wedge (danger of breaking side securing pins)

5.swivel trim panel with radiator grille out forwards.press lower part of trim panel in direction of arrow unlocking the clips.

then gos on to say...remove indicators and take off panel...screw on new one...put car back together etc.

u dont have to take off that piecethat goes from wing to wing thats a long hell bent way of doing it... theres screws that attatch to the indictaors but thats it the rest is just clipson the black part of the grill take off and clip in new one along with the screws that hold the indictaors//

Colin g, are you able to post a picture of the grill after you've fitted it so I can see what it's like? I've wanted that VW one I just think £100's abit too much, so I'd like to see what the £35 one is like.

Just in general... does anyone know how to go about getting the grill painted to match your car? Not the mesh bit but the plastic frame?

Thanks!

Colin g, are you able to post a picture of the grill after you've fitted it so I can see what it's like? I've wanted that VW one I just think £100's abit too much, so I'd like to see what the £35 one is like.

Just in general... does anyone know how to go about getting the grill painted to match your car? Not the mesh bit but the plastic frame?

Thanks!

It is the same as this one, only in black. I've not fitted it yet!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-lupo-grill-non-gt...1QQcmdZViewItem