New wheels - Problems

Ok so I finally got the fitting kit for my new wheels today, only bolts and shims.. So whacked them on as when I tried them last week the inside of the wheels (the hub bit) ground badly on the brake pads (front).. Anyway, it still grinds against the brake pad even with the correct shims, I got a spacer set but they were even bigger than the wheels and ground even more on the pads!

The offset of the wheels is ET 38.. Is that correct for a Lupo?

Has anybody ever had this sort of trouble?

Edited by micky c

coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

I took the wheels back and got full refund

In 'the book' the offset for a Lupo is 38, the new wheels were ET38

My VW wheels which are off and Lupo Sport are ET43 wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

And yep matey above you are right.. It's diameter of that bit that was the prob..

Anyways, Wolfrace are sending me some alloys with ET32 to see if that helps..

If the wheels don't fit I'm selling the Lupo and going back to old skool Golf GTi, I need simplicity! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I took the wheels back and got some wolfrace high octanes, they are 35 offset and fit proper lovely shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

I wish I had the 1.8T! Mine just a 1.4 16v but I've got the Venom Lupo in my sig... I think I'll change it soon as I get some nice pics of mine..

Thanx for your help people..

Though I am still having probs with my drivers side braking.. Clanks when I depress the pedal and chugs like the disc is warped even though it's had new discs and pads 2 years running huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Front - Schmidt TH Line 8.5 x 14 ET15

Rear - Schmidt TH Line 9.0 x 14 ET1

Front Tyres Dunlop 195 x 45 x 14

Rear Tyres Dunlop 225 x 40 x 14

I looked into getting some... But I didn't want to get another morgage! They are 3 piece wheels and set you back about a grand a set without rubber!