Bucket seats

I've just bought some bucket seats off a mate, only cheap but being as both my seats have broken and no longer do the flip thing and let passengers in I didn't want to miss a bargain..

Anyway..

They have universal subframes on them and I was wondering if anybody else has fitted similar and could give me tips?

Cheers

i have just fitted a sparco seat, pics of which i will get up this week. i dont recommend universal frames unless you know what your doing and mount everthing to structural areas of the floor area. i fitted a sparco lupo seat frame and slides and its very secure. i would suggest getting the sparco kit to fit your seats.

Cheers mate, could you let me know the exact one please, a link or something

They have sliders on the bottom, I was thinking of weldin the buggers to the Lupo subframes! wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Thanx very muchly

Did you mean 'motorSportworld'? hehe If so I found it and am making enquiries..

Looks like fitting my seats will have to wait huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

yeah sorry meant that. they are good service and prices.

i reccomend you order a sparco bolt fitting kit aswell. as you need the alen key type bolts as spanners/sockets dont have enough room for seat fixing into slides.

you also need to drill 4 holes into the exisiting rails at side of the floor but i managed to do it, you can drill down through the frame so you dont need to measure anything. holes are needed for normal type bolts to hold rear of frame in place.

Edited by Clouseau

My bucket seats (they are Cobra mind) are on frames for a Mk4 Golf smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> No drilling needed, but I don't know if they will fit any type of seat other than Cobra as I bought them all together second hand.

Edited by lunalupi