Updates on my Lupo

micky c

I got my Lupo some new wheels yesterday...

From these... (for sale)

DSC00905.jpg

To these.. 15" jobbys that were such a bargain I couldn't resist!

newwheels.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

Edited by micky c

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Lupo some new wheels yesterday...

From these... (for sale)

DSC00905.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

To these.. 15" jobbys that were such a bargain I couldn't resist!

newwheels.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

newwheels2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Now it needs major slammage!

Green lupo's are phat, fair play for buying one.

I do prefur the standard sport rim's tho tbh mate more of a oem look.

If we all liked the same things it'd be boring coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

It will be lower as soon as I have the funds..

Not sure what colour to paint me calipers n drums though...

yeh needs lowering before ur new rims can be apreciated!

loving the colour though!

brightly coloured cars are the future, the roads are too full of silver and black for my liking!

Edited by EaRNi!

Black drums for sure, but why not go for something different and go for green callipers on the front? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I have red ones (when they're clean), although they are behind miltispoke wheels so not too 'in your face'

When we had Jens green Loop we painted the front calipers green, Foliatec do a green brake caliper paint and the colour match is spot on. Did the rear drums silver. Looked nice and clean

^^^what he said Caliper.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Drum.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yeah that looks good, think I'll go for black on the drums because of the wheel colour, don't really want the drums to stick out.. The green looks great though, can I get that Foliatec paint in Halfrauds? If not where to?

Cheers people..

Another thing.. Should I go all out and spend 300 smackers on coilovers or just get lowering springs? Would springs lower it like they say they should?

• 2 weeks later...

Those wheels had to go back becasue they were not the right size and were rubbing on my front brake pads..

So I went and got some Wolfrace Octane Racers instead which are much better quality and look a lot better in my eyes MyLuponewwheels.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

MyLuponewwheels2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Nice car mate wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Those tyres look balloon like..

195/45?

Otherwise all it needs now is a drop!

PS - ever seen another Fantasia green lupo driving around

st.austell?

Edited by MartyP

Thanx! Yeah the tyres do look a bit ballon like, they are 50 profile which will have to do for now, will get some springs for it soon.. Not seen another fantasia green Lupo in my area, I hope I don't, I like being different! hehe Oh and I may have a go at getting those side strips off today, better get me hair dryer & white spirit out..

Edited by micky c

It turned out that I didn't need me hair dryer after all! But the sun being out for more than an hour helped me thinks! I managed to compound the crap off and left a little bit of sticky rubber on there..

Any clues on how to get that off?

I also discovered that my Lupo has had a prang at some point because there is an indent of orange peel around the passenger side one from when it was just probably masked over 'tut'

*Tip* anybody wanting to remove them then thinking 'oh I don't want to now' half way through, you can't put them back on as they are made sturdy with steel strips and bend out of shape..

Looks loads better now in my eyes

Yay

DSC01036.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by micky c

Yeah.. Brakes are being done on Friday and tax due at end of the month so dropping it next month.. Time goes by so slowly!

St Austell is... Sunny today! You from round ere are you?

Oh I see..

I was just going to get 50mm springs for now, then upgrade to coilovers when money is flowing quicker! But if the springs are ok I'll keep them..

I done a couple more bits to my loop today..

Removed the chrome 'Lupo 1.4 16v' badges (if anybody wants those let me know)

And I took the VW badges off, painted them black and whacked em back on.. I'm not convinced on the rear badge, I don't know if tinting the lights will make it look better, I'm going to do them anyway, but I may take the badge off completely and smooth it..

I may also have a go at smoking the front lights soon..

Opinion on the rear please

badgefront.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

badgeback.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by micky c

Great idea mate, I'm either goin to do only half or have some kind of unique design on them shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Meanwhile back at the ranch I've just ordered a K&N 57i and some 60mm springs so should get them next week biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />