lupodave's 1.4S

lupodave

Just watched that video and it doesn't look like my idea of fun at all! Wouldn't like to come across any of the girls that play lacrosse on a dark night... ;)

I thought it was a beetle one but I asked lupogtiboy, he said to get the bora one as the beetle one doesnt fit properly.

Though they may possibly be the same/very similar.

No fun?! It's a legal GBH! Great! Ahh the girls are tame, our girls can hold their own though yeah lol.

I'll be keeping and eye out then for a Bora sunglasses holder at some auto jumbles then!

• 4 months later...

Long time no update... probable because not a lot has happened to the Lupo recently since I've gone back to Uni. Until now!

After a few uber foggy journeys recently decided to fit some fogs. Now I'm a cheapskate student so didn't want to buy all parts brand new from the stealers and second hand stuff was seeming hard to get hold of. I really didn't want to spoil the look of the car by just bolting some on to the front of the bumper so set about thinking what else I could do and what lights I could fit.

In the end I decided to buy a new lower bumper with fog apetures and fit some of these lights:

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_detail.asp?prod=1064

BRL048.jpg

BRL048-side.jpg

Decided on these because they're not that expensive, look quite cool and blend in really well with the front of the car and claim to be good in bad weather. Fitting was a bit trial and error making some brackets out of aluminium. A picture says a thousand words but if you want a detailed 'how to' of the brackets then PM me!

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

There are 2 black self tapping screws, top and bottom, on each side to stop them sliding off the back. These brackets are so rigid, the fogs aren't going anywhere!

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2465.jpg

After mounting them all that was left to do was get them on the car. Swapped the lower bumper and wired them in using the posts in the 'how to' section. They look even better on the car, I've yet to test them out on the road though and not got any pics of them on yet as it was raining today when I finished. Will get some up ASAP though.

Edited by lupodave