No more Lupo!!!

drummachine

A sad day but the Lupo has gone to car heaven. Tried to avoid something in the road and it went a bit wrong putting the car on its roof deploying all airbags and smashing all the windows. Me and my girlfriend didnt even have a scratch!

Real shame as everybody who knows this one would appreciate there wont be another like it. Every conceivable extra including German BBS alloys and very rare climate control.

Depending on what i get back from the insurance company i may then buy it back and strip the rest down to sell off parts individually.

Im hoping to buy another soon and swap the leather and Sat Nav across so should be staying in the Lupo fold. Luckily i bought a BMW Z3 2.8 a few weeks earlier for the weekends so i shall drive that until i find another.

Watch this space as they say........

Chris smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by drummachine

Really sorry to hear that mate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It looked so good at the airballoon!

Keep us updated.

PS- pleased you and your girlfriend were ok!

Sorry to hear of that mate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Another Lupo gone to car heaven

Be careful what you say on forums, regarding that exhaust as insurance companies do their homework and any way they can get out of paying out they will do it.

Thats a real shame sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Poor little loop, glad you were ok though, seems it did its job of protecting you well then.

crap. where you stack it mate? anywhere I know? Its cos it wasnt on coilovers.lol. At least your bro didnt crash it. Glad it kept you and your mrs safe, always good hearing how safe they are.

*If you want a stock system to put on for incurance mate give me a bell I have a stock one lying in my garage at the min*

Edited by Bikerz

Chris, this is so sad sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It's really good that your thinking of getting another one, i hope everything works out for you ok. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for all the comments guys. Basically is was tipping with rain. Swerved to avoid an object in the road. The fron left wheel got dragged into the curb on a country road which made me hit a wall @ 35mph head on and flip the car. Weirdest thing was that the car was a complete mess but yet both Xenons were still working?!?

Hopefully i can slavage enough from this car to put in my next.

Not good mate sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Glad you're okay though.

The Z3 route is interesting - did that myself. I'm sure you'll miss the drive of the GTi soon. The roof down only holds attention for so long lol

• 2 weeks later...

The latest newss is that the insurance is paying out then im buying it back. Im then going to strip it down and sell off the parts so im basically updating this thread to ask if anyone is interested in anthing off it?? Im keeping the leather seats and door cards, Sat Nav and cambridge lights to go in my next one. The gearbox is probably spoken for but the rest is in the open

Let me know

Chris

The latest newss is that the insurance is paying out then im buying it back. Im then going to strip it down and sell off the parts so im basically updating this thread to ask if anyone is interested in anthing off it?? Im keeping the leather seats and door cards, Sat Nav and cambridge lights to go in my next one. The gearbox is probably spoken for but the rest is in the open

Let me know

Chris

hi Chris

Im after a pair of fogs, how much?

marc

hi Chris

Im after a pair of fogs, how much?

marc

The GTi's don't have fogs, they have uber Xenons smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck with selling bits off Chris, keep me in mind wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just seen this thread, im sorry to hear about your car mate, i can't believe the best spec'd gti in the UK has been wrote off ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> As long as you and your girlfriend are ok though that is the main thing.

If you get a list of parts up that are salvageable from the car then you might get some interest for the parts and then people can see what you have and haven't got. Good luck with the nest project aswell.