Adjusting rear brakes

Does anyone know how to adjust the rear brakes on a lupo/arosa?

My 1.0 Arosas hand brake comes up about 5 clicks, but my TDi only comes up about 2-3.

Also i can drive along at 30 in the 1.0, put on the handbrake and it doesnt really slow down, but do that in the diesel and it does.

It had a sticky back brake so today we took the drum off and free'd everything off, and the adjuster was working fine. So no more sticking brake but it didnt help the handbrake at alkl.

I thought they were self adjusting but it doesnt seem to be.

I know on some cars the get the adjusters working you need to drive backwards and brake hard a few times, so i thought its worth a go doing that but nothing happened.

So does anyone know how i could adjust the brakes or a reason why they arent adjusting themselves?

Cheers in advance, Chris

yeah i need the handbrake cable tightend as well but its going in for a service on wednesday so ill get them to fix it then laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cheers guys.

Well i dont really want to put mine into seat, the dealers are crap wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Id rather know how to do it myself, so if anyone knows, please let me know smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers guys.

Well i dont really want to put mine into seat, the dealers are crap wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Id rather know how to do it myself, so if anyone knows, please let me know smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If the back brakes are adjusting okay then you need to tighten the handbrake cables.

The adjustment is behind the handbrake under the plastic trim, undo the lock nut adjust and tighten the lock nut again (I think it's been a while).

Do it with the back wheels off the ground so you can get it even! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If the back brakes are adjusting okay then you need to tighten the handbrake cables.

The adjustment is behind the handbrake under the plastic trim, undo the lock nut adjust and tighten the lock nut again (I think it's been a while).

Do it with the back wheels off the ground so you can get it even! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for that smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How do i remove the plastic trim, is it just popped on?

Chris

Thanks for that smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How do i remove the plastic trim, is it just popped on?

Chris

Yeah I just kinda lifted it up enough to get at the gubbins!