Project Racer.

Ramirez

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right i think i might be on my own here and say , im not a great fan of the cage tbh but each and to there own

Thats it. Your off my christmas card list :angry::lol:

Why dont you like it?

Thats it. Your off my christmas card list :angry::lol:

Why dont you like it?

think its more cause the tubing is so thick , once its painted that could change the look of it but a cage is more function over form

i love it so how does the car drive with it in must of stiffened the shell up a treat :shades:

suppose all comes down to what you want out a car.

Track days! :lol:

Thats some serious cage there!! nice one :)

Will it be color coded?

No, not CC'd. It'll be gun metal grey.

think its more cause the tubing is so thick , once its painted that could change the look of it but a cage is more function over form

Its all regulation tubing, so has to be that thick. Old regs had thinner tubing.

i love it so how does the car drive with it in must of stiffened the shell up a treat :shades:

Had no chance to really test it yet, but first impressions are very good. Greg, who fitted the cage was really exited about its handling.

I like it, I like it a lot, and I want one in my Lupo.. :shades:

Go for it!

Track days! :lol:

No, not CC'd. It'll be gun metal grey.

Its all regulation tubing, so has to be that thick. Old regs had thinner tubing.

Had no chance to really test it yet, but first impressions are very good. Greg, who fitted the cage was really exited about its handling.

Go for it!

bet it will cock a wheel in the air coming out of a nice tight corrner

nice i am trying to come up with a coluor that will go with the blue as i wanna do my bay and Interior the same but leave the outside soft blue

bet it will cock a wheel in the air coming out of a nice tight corrner

More likely to pull the tyre off the rim at the moment!

But found a supplier of 13" slicks when tracking. Should be fun!

nice i am trying to come up with a colour that will go with the blue as i wanna do my bay and Interior the same but leave the outside soft blue

Grey. Everything goes with grey!

Pointless update as I have no pictures but...

Upgraded my brakes today. Mintex pads, brembo discs and AP 551 fluid. Holy crap, it doent half make an improvement :blink:

On another note one of the guys at Xsport told me a CL member has contacted them RE: a cage. Get it done!

• 1 month later...
looks great mate, love it, think it would tka ea nice picture with mine :)

done some great mods on it btw is it a 1.4?

thanks

Thanks! There are some pictures of both of them together at E38 last year kicking around somewhere (Before the remodel and wheel change).

This car is sooooo dope. Gotta get those wheels for my car soon.

Again, thanks! If you like them go for it.

Update, cage has been painted (actually finished the day before E38)

just the one picture, but a good one! They were taken on Monday (15th) at the SoVAG meet.

DSC_0058.jpg

Taken by Kayleigh (loopylass) and one dirty one. Want to get the car clean and have her take some proper ones.

DSC_0055.jpg

Another picture taken on Monday with Robbies Arosa in the background by "Natedogg".

DSC_0225-2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Ramirez

Cliché I know but I built this car for me (7 yrs in the making so far). Its nice to know others like it, makes the (on going) hard work less depressing.

Still got a list a mile long of things to do before Im happy.

Sort that silly engine and you'r away ;)

Finnished yours yet? :lol:

Seriously though, Im having a really tough time of it at the moment as I cant deside on what I want to do.

Option 1: Bike bodies, cam, balanced fly etc. I like the idea of small capacity little engine with a high rev limit. Great for the track rubbish on the road (also comparitively cheap).

OR

Option 2: 1.8/2.0 16v conversion. Would need to be stock for a couple of years as install alone would kill me (the much more expensive option). Also engine height is a factor as on the 14s we're worried about sump clearance.

Amazing...!

She looks ready to fight...!

B)

D.

Thanks. All bark no bite :lol: