Silver!'s GTI

Silver!

It's now less than 1 week before I will be joined  by my niece Laura  and we're off on the "Race for Freedom" in my little VW Lupo GTI: Lucky number 7.

We are a group of Former and Serving service personel and service supporters who share a passion and a desire to support our troops via service charities and communities.

The group will undertake a 7 day event around the UK to raise funds for military charities which support our service personnel and their families in times of crisis.

Over the past 2 years the Race for Freedom has raised nearly 30k and this year we hope to add to this amount. The charities this year are the TRI SERVICE COMBAT STRESS, and the ROYAL NAVY AND ROYAL MARINES CHILDRENS FUND. Both charities do outstanding jobs supporting service personnel and families in need and it is a privilege to be able to raise funds for them.

Our route will take the team from the Royal Marine's Museum in Portsmouth to Plymouth then around the coastal roads towards Cheddar Gorge before heading into Wales.

We  will then head over the Lake District up to Gretna before heading to Spean Bridge for a wreath laying ceremony at the Commando Memorial, which will incorporate 45 Commando RM veterans.

The team will then head towards Apple Cross then towards Inverness and down to Braemar (hopefully we will have roads!). Then the route takes us  down through Fife down into the Yorkshire dales to our final destination which is the NATIONAL ARBORETUM.

Funds will be via personal donations and of course through corporate sponsorship.

Please donate what you can as every little helps: "Team Lucky 7"

http://tinyurl.com/hvw4cc9

IF YOU DONATE PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRESS GIFT AID.

She's had a good clean inside and out with 2 coats of Chemical Guys XXX wax to protect the paint from the stickers.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The only place the long sticker would go? On the roof. ???

image.jpeg

20 hours ago, mattarosa said:

What day are finishing in staffordshire ray? 

Friday night arriving at the campsite, Sat morning at the NA as far as I am aware.

On 15 August 2016 at 9:10 AM, mattarosa said:

Where are you camping? Might pay you a visit and donate 

Staying at Beehive Farm, Woodland Lakes on Friday 25th.

4 hours ago, payna said:

Love it Ray, looks good stickered up! B)

Cheers Payna; sponsorship stickers to go on. I hate putting them on/ taking them off, as I'm always worried the lacquer going come off with them; hence they'll not be on as long this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...