jumpy & stuttered acceleration

really weird problem...when i accelerate, its jumpy and sometimes lags - put it in gear, put the foot down and no response, almost as if its sticking. Then it kicks in with acceleration. Seem to get it more when going up hill.

At first thought it was dirt in fuel but has been happening for weeks now. Can feel the whole car juddering as it accelerates, almost as if its missing a beat.

Best I can describe it, btw recently had a gear replaced but gear changing is completely smooth...

any ideas?

thanks

Has it had new spakies?

yeh 4 new retards under the hood working full time laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeh 4 new retards under the hood working full time laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ive just started to have this same problem, accelerating, mainly up hill. just had 4 new spark plugs fitted and as luke said i think its the HT leads.

let me know if the garage find anything else though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

really weird problem...when i accelerate, its jumpy and sometimes lags - put it in gear, put the foot down and no response, almost as if its sticking. Then it kicks in with acceleration. Seem to get it more when going up hill.

At first thought it was dirt in fuel but has been happening for weeks now. Can feel the whole car juddering as it accelerates, almost as if its missing a beat.

Best I can describe it, btw recently had a gear replaced but gear changing is completely smooth...

any ideas?

thanks

hmm.. mine does something similar if its cold , you put you move off and it picks up the revs up to about 2.5k and then hesitates for a sec or two and then recovers itself and carrys on up to i change when i get to 3k

my new leads should be here and fitted by the weekend so i let you know if its solved the problem smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Whats the coil pack?

It's the thing that converts your 12V battery to 20,000V-40,000V (not sure what it is on the Lupo) so that your petrol can spark. It's just like a step up transformer you may have learnt about at school.

NOCK

its seemed to have done the trick shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> fingers crossed!

Was that new leads Jen? What is your the car's mileage, if that's not rude!?!?

What leads did you go for: OEM?

Ray

yep the leads

and florences mileage is 43k rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

yep just bog standard oem gti leads smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

(just to confirm this was a misfire judder not the kangerooing when cold judder mentioned in another thread)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

mines just started doin this! at first it wouldnt start up then 2nd time around it started then when i put my foot down it judders then reach a certain speed n it stops, really pissin me off! ill check the HT leads and sparkies