I want S3 Wheels..!!

MattyB

how many Euros are there to the pound at the moment? and i think the new S3 comes with the polished mirrors as well!

I am trying to get mum to get the new S3 at the moment, and i think it is working! yey, and Dad wants to get an RS4, but i reckon it would be worth waiting for the RS6, who agrees?

I dunno about the €/pound conversion...

I agree smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well, the RS4 is a beast, and I probably would like it more because of the manual tranny, but with 80 hp more, there should be no prob in the rs6 too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I was quite impressed when I drove an rs4...it's just pretty unbelievable! I mean, a 911 (964) Carrera with his 250 hp scared me nearly to death, but this thing...oh my!!!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ppl instead of braggin which cars your family/you has/have had, have the heart of describing/qualifying them so than we, the Unfortunate (well, with the GTi its actually "Only Slightly Less Fortunate" tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />), can, at least on a conceptual level, indulge aswell.. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(MattyB)
Ask Chris about the RS4/6, I think someone he knows has an RS6?

SOme people, grass you up at the first opportunity.

Yeah my brother has been driving one around and it is very very impressive, and if I wanted a bigger car it would be very very high on my list of supercar thrashing vehicles.....

And yes, he has had RS4 and RS2 as well.

how much is an RS6? is it like the RS4 @ £50,000 or so?

Me and dad took a mates RS4 round Oulton Park for a good session, and when i had a go it scared the living crap out of me, and i thought i could drive fast from racing but this thing is a track weapon! I can't believe the man let me out on a track in it, looney!

Drove it back to his and took some detours to race some Scoobys, which we rinsed! we kept up with my mates 22B which is not bad going!

Does anyone here race?

Depends opn your definition of race.

`Keepy-uppy` on `B-roads`, yes. The odd traffic light grand prix upto about 50mph yeah.

RAcing around the streets, not a chance in hell. I value my life, my license, other people's lives and my car far more than getting one over a Nova or Fiesta.

And yeah, RS4 is about £50k - RS6 isn't out yet. Saw an RS4 on the sprint test at `GTI-I`, and its bloody quick....

i mean like real racing, like i race a 1970's Lotus, i.e. u have to hold a racing license and use a track sort of racing!#

u done that?

no, but id love too.. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

if i only had more DOUGH biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and BALLS biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

sadly, i might be a bit too old tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

well age is not a problem, and the balls thing has nothing to do with it, as u can go as slow or fast as u like, and the dosh factor is not too bad, it isn't as expensive as everyone seems to think!

but it is so much funa s u can thrash the car to death and not break any laws, and get to thrash older men is great, especially my dad!

QUOTE(bAAx)
i might be a bit too old tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

YOU ARE TOO OLD wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> only joking biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(C17)
1) and the balls thing has nothing to do with it

2) it isn't as expensive as everyone seems to think

3) ...especially my dad!

1) well balls was meant "to have the balls to admit to myself that i want to do some kind of competition", im not worried about going round the corner quickly (ill leave in the middle if im any good at that though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

2) ..and not expensive.. the luposchool i MIGHT be enrolling in (one muttafukkin day in a lupocupcar under excellent professional tuition, that is if they dont think me too old tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) is 750 hardearned €s.. never mind converting an old sportscar into something trackworthy, allthough the dream is getting the loop midway road/track with better brakes and seats smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />..

i mean i did a FEW trackdays on the bike and it cost enuff to hurt (in a pleasant way smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />). tyres/pads + trackday entrance, nevermind really racing in a series ---i have no technical knowledge, no van, no sets of slicks/raintyres etc etc.. !

3) my age is not stellar.. dont think i could be yr daddy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

how did you start C17? did you have petrolhead relatives? coz `NO-ONE` of my friends/relatives has got ANYTHING to do with motorsports (hence my `post-keenness` with u lot biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />) so i have to figure things out myself (which is nice, but not too much progress either)..

Changing the subject slightly biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

EliteDirect.com sell S3/4 replica wheels, as well as the new Audi Multispoke ones (as seen on new S3/TT) in 15", 16" and 17" sizes, and they are EXACTLY the same....

£770 for 7x17" with Budget tyres....

I reckon I could get some 16" with GOOD tyres for £600...

Sweeeeet biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I want, I want, I want! Can't decide between the two, thinking the S3/4 because it keeps with the original style of the car - very similar designs....

Happy now biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I want my wheels...

Well Matty, its not a hard thing to get into at all! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I had a head start, as my dad ans his friend race already so i use my dad's second car, but i still had to take my Racing test and then join a race club that covers my car!

its not hard i promise and is worth every penny, i love it, and all my mates are really jealous, but it is time to move on to higher things in the race world i feel!

Matty, have u been to any trackdays?

No, but I want to do some...REALLY badly smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I just dont have the money to burn right now - £100 for a cheap trackday, and another £200 for replacement tyres is too much for little me right now sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Been looking at www.bookatrack.com who are recommended.

As for Motorsport, this another thing I *really* *really* want to get into - but again, until I get into a "real" job there just is no way I can afford it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />