Help Car History

FoxyJW

Need to use the fountain of knowledge thats on here.

I've just bought a new volkswagen and when it came it the bonnet hadn't been sprayed correctly.

So I've told volkswagen and there going to re spray it will this show up on the cars history?!?

Should I demand another brand new one or will it be ok.

Help please

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Depends what history you mean matey, if by service history then if you keep receipts it'll be in your history, though in the V5 log book section under colour, i think this only gets filled in when you go for a different colour completely.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Tallika_Fan

respray shouldn't show in the history as it isn't as a result of any accident damage. It's fairly common for the top car on a transporter to pick up some stone chips or scratches on the bonet and if they do a decent job there shouldn't be any problems. Ask for a free superguart treatment or something to compansate though.

respray shouldn't show in the history as it isn't as a result of any accident damage.

The front bumper on my Polo was resprayed within 3 months of its early life.

This was down to a paint defect.

This does show up when you call VW and get the history.

The front bumper on my Polo was resprayed within 3 months of its early life.

This was down to a paint defect.

This does show up when you call VW and get the history.

Thats what I'm worried about but apparently if I refuse to have it resprayed I have to wait 6 months for the next delivery to the UK of fox's which I think is a load of crap but I cant argue. although surely they have to give me a car to run round in?!?

What a farse

It will show up on the VW History at the dealer as when i bought my Lupo, it came down from Edinburgh and it managed to get its wing mirror glass broken, i wasn't told this till around 6months after i had owned the car though. Infact all work that is carried out at the dealers is recorded, warrnty work and services included.

that answers my question then I'm not getting it resprayed it should be a brand new car with no faults.

Bought a new polo and had no bother but this ones a pain.

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Thankyou for your help guys though

It would only go down as a "respray due to stone chips on transporter" for example, it wouldn't just say "bonnet repsrayed" on the dealer history. Although if i was buying a brand new car, i would want it to be brand new and perfect.

I work next to a bodyshop at work and they have a contract with Citroen and you would be amazed at the amount of un registered new cars that they have in there getting touched up etc after minor dings on the way over to the dealers. They all get sold as brand new cars too.

agree, most dealers whould have had it done off their own back before you heard about it. It isn't going to effect the resale and they've offered to sort it so don't think you have much grounds to refuse it. Could be in your favour if you can get them to throw in a free service or soemthing to compansate.

I also used to work next to an Audi bodyshop, which was near a ferry terminal and you would be amazed it how much they rag the brand new cars from the terminal to the bodyshop to get the final checks done before they go to the dealers, it was shocking really, considering somebody has paid say 25k+ for a new TT and some little monkey is hitting the limiter in 1st without them knowing.

As for your bonnet mate, it will be as good as new when you get it back, or in your case, better than new, do what crusoe said aswell and try to blag a free service and some free goodies from them.

I've just rung them and their ringing me back after they've spoke to the manager there, its my third volkswagen bought brand new off them so there trying not to upset me lol.

I just want it to be right it and apparently under that SMMT regulations that they have to adear to now it should be perfect and if not they have to take it back just as if you've bought a tv and its damaged they exchange it.

Jillx

tell em you'll have your money back and go buy one from somewhere else

Well taking mine back in an hour or so and there giving me a courtesy car whilst the problem is resolved joy.

How funny the manager hs just rung me telling me not to worry he knows what the problem is and its Water Retention?!?!? I might be female but I'm not stupid how can water retention be involved when you can see the metal bonnet under the the paint on one side.

What an idea.

honest to god this post isn't meant to be designed to wind anyone up, but honestly, are you all mental? it's some dodgy paint on the bonnet, let VW get it painted and all will be fine, its not like it's been in an accident or anything.

Out Ibiza was in the paintshop when I was told it had been delivered. I went round on the offchance and there was the rear bumper having a ding repaired from one of the straps on the transporter. I know it's there, but the missus doesn't...