Flashing Indicators!?!?

terrymcg

maybe that one of your doors isnt closed properly or the bonnet isnt closed correctly?! that sometimes stops them from flashing. maybe that your sensors are on the blink as well so to be honest it could be either.

maybe that one of your doors isnt closed properly or the bonnet isnt closed correctly?! that sometimes stops them from flashing. maybe that your sensors are on the blink as well so to be honest it could be either.

Scotty,

Thanks for your response. All doors are closed, so not sure. Do you mean the sensors that detect the doors being shut could be knacked?

I have another slight problem, not sure if this would be linked. When I open the drivers window it will only go 3/4 of the way down.

Not sure if it is linked though. Do you reckon these problems would show anything under an auto scan on VagCom?

Terry

Ok the flashing indicators is the only problem now. I have sorted the window by pulling the fuse and replacing it!!

I have looked on vagcom but cant see anywhere for disabling/enabling the indicators. But the locking from the key fob works fine, so the indicators must just be disabled, so does anyone know how to get them back on?

Ok the flashing indicators is the only problem now. I have sorted the window by pulling the fuse and replacing it!!

I have looked on vagcom but cant see anywhere for disabling/enabling the indicators. But the locking from the key fob works fine, so the indicators must just be disabled, so does anyone know how to get them back on?

I think i read somewhere on here that someone else had had this similar trouble, and it was a faulty hazard switch.

Maybe. Possibly.

Do your hazards work?

I think i read somewhere on here that someone else had had this similar trouble, and it was a faulty hazard switch.

Maybe. Possibly.

Do your hazards work?

Rob,

Your a star mate! My hazards dont work either! Wife has just gone to work with the car though so cant investigate further but if my indicators are going and I depress the hazards it cuts the indicators off. So hopefully its a fuse, if not ill try and get the switch out!

Cheers again,

Terry

Terry, I have a brand new switch here should you need one. Chances are it's the fuse, but sometimes, a little battery disconnect/re-connect can solve some problems too.

I was getting problems with one-touch facility on my lecky windows, tried several bits and pieces, but it was disconnecting/re-connecting the battery that sorted it in the end.

Mark rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 3 months later...

oooh... we have this problem... the indicators have stopped working when locking/unlocking the car and the hazard lights don't work when you press the button either...

also, when turning left with the indicator on it make a faster clicking noise than normal (like a bulb had gone even though they all work) - is this a stalk/relay fault?

is the switch an easy fix?

Edited by Bubbles

oooh... we have this problem... the indicators have stopped working when locking/unlocking the car and the hazard lights don't work when you press the button either...

also, when turning left with the indicator on it make a faster clicking noise than normal (like a bulb had gone even though they all work) - is this a stalk/relay fault?

is the switch an easy fix?

Both of my Arosas have had the hazard problem.

Dont worry, its just the fuse, i think its a 10amp fuse you need.

Look in the fuse cover and the diagram will show you which one you need to replace :)

As for the fast ticking, thats the indicator switch, which i think its just part of the stalk so you will need to replace the whole thing.

Its a steering wheel off job though.

My 1.0 Arosa is having the same problem, however i took off the steering wheel couling, and sprayed into the part which i thought was the switch, with contact cleaner and WD40. Once it worked in it does work better now, although every now and again it still flashes fast.

When its flashing fast, no light will be flashing :)

On my way to work this morning... knocked the stalk up to go right... relay was clicking fast but no lights were flashing..

Knocked it down to go left.. worked fine.. knocked it back up to go right.. fast clicking, did it a few more times to the right and eventually it worked ok

Hazzards still arnt working though

Thankyou for the advise, i will check the fuses :)

Edited by Bubbles