Whats the best place to look and compare mortgages

Putney

Any help would be greatly appreciated... got to renew this july

Id just shop around, in my town each place gives you different answers. There is one in particular that compares companies for you and are really helpful.

Ive been told Halifax are *****

Saying that, Im only going by my experience in looking for a mortgage. One place goes on your wage x 4 while another goes x6, so it varies.

PS, when is it morphin' time?

LOL

I used to be a blue ranger.... Now i am all clad in black..... and getting a black bike....Black ranger....

Erm.... back to mortgages... If you had a mortgage already for over 6 years i don't think they look at your salary so much... i am in a better postion than i was 6 years ago.....

I was only on £12k a year! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Lol, well Im on a pitence of 13,250 complete with a 12 year loan (monthly payments of £115) so Im doomed for ever more in the hunt for a house.

Maybe try confused.com, they seem to cater for alot now.

Sabre tooth tiger!

Lol i am worried that you know their names....

Better pull your fingers out then and stop wasting money on hairy fruit...

Owned!

So can un married people buy a house together...? how do mortgage companies look at it...

Seriosly Picola, one of these days Im going to give you such a good spanking... over my knee style, what worrys me though is we'll both enjoy it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

So can un married people buy a house together...? how do mortgage companies look at it...

Of course, why not? Mortgages for "partners", friends (up to 4, via HSBC) etc.. are looked at in the same way as married couples. PM me some spicifics and I'll see what I can come up with.

PM , Like what?

You a mortage broker?

My situation is very complicated....

My boyfriend and I have a joint mortgage - no questions asked regarding relationship.

We used a financial advisor when we bought our house. He only charged £150 for the entire house sale process including surveys, and searching for best mortgage and insurances. Probably a lower introductory price to encourage our return business (which he will get come our change date), but well worth it so save a few pennies in the long run.

I would visit http://www.moneysupermarket.com first and get an idea of what is out there.

Choose a couple of examples, print them out and then visit an independant mortgage advisor.

Says he who's just gone with tthe Royal Bank of Scotland! for a 2 year fixed rate remortgage.

R

PM , Like what?

You a mortage broker?

My situation is very complicated....

No... thank God!

If you do go to a broker make sure they are indipendent, the more complicated the better. Most of the ones I know really enjoy a challange, as day to day they have to deal with the same things.

all good advice but ignore it. The easiest way with no hassle, no fees and nobody needing to come out and revalue your propperty is to call up your existing mortgage provider, say you aren't happy with your current rate and have been offered (x from one of their competitors) search online to find what the best rates are so you give valid figures. Then say you have been happy with their service and don't want to have to move so can they offer you a better rate that comes close. If they have to thing about it get them to pass you onto one of their managers.

I got about 2% knocked off their suggested renewal rate just with a 5min phone call to my lender.

'We' tried that with our current/previous mortgage supplier, but we still got a cheaper deal elsewhere. Worth a try though.

R

We've done deals with our lender (RBoS) three times now and always done OK out of it. I think they're genuinely suprised when someone wants to stop with them and knows the product they want. It's always saved time and never cost us a bean in fees.

If you've got savings and can continue to save, I can recommend the offset/one account thing (although the rates going up again, thanks all you spendaholics). It's down to what you want, steady monthly payments or faster repayments.

Seriosly Picola, one of these days Im going to give you such a good spanking... over my knee style, what worrys me though is we'll both enjoy it wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Lol, don't go hurting your hand now.

Mortgage point! Seven-Four-Five, Nine-Four-Nine-Four!

(just for the benefit of anyone who lives in the greater manchester area between 7 and 14 years ago ! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

Edited by nfbr

Lol, don't go hurting your hand now.

buns of steel biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Mortgage point! Seven-Four-Five, Nine-Four-Nine-Four!

(just for the benefit of anyone who lives in the greater manchester area between 7 and 14 years ago ! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />)

They're still advertising aren't they? On the Revolution and Silk FM (I think).

I'd ask Carol Vorderman for a lend wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

They're still advertising aren't they? On the Revolution and Silk FM (I think).

Yeah but they changed the number to somet what sounds crap now...

Silk FM ? that anything to do with Killroy?

"Welcome to Robert Kilroy Silk FM, you immigrant sponging scumbags."

Nah, it's Macclesfields local (award winning) FM station. We get a better signal in Rochdale than we do for the Revolution and Galaxy!