Removing the internal rear panels

robster

Hey all,

I am hoping I'm not the only Fox owner on here....

Has anyone tried getting to the rear speaker mounts?

I am trying to see if I have cabling there for rears..... Anyone know whether the whole panel comes out and how?

Rob

Hi do you want to change the speakers you have already

i have a 1.2 urban fox my care has tweeters in the front pillars an speakers in the doors and in the rear.

if you are wanting to change the it will be a bitch

if you want them in you boot i don't think there are any mounts

also the cars stereo will lose its warranty i wanted a boom box but decided not to when vw said it would not replace the radio or other associated equipment if i put one in.

What I really want to do is add rear speakers where the mounts are in the rear.

Have you considered doing that?

I don't think that will void a warranty - VW Ireland offer it for about 70 euros.

My local dealer don't have any info about it but I am sure that the headunit will support the extra pair.

However, I popped the panels out today and there don't appear to be any cables there! I thought VW would have wired them as it would be cheaper than having doing it later as a retro fit.

Ho Hum

I f vw are doing it for you then it is ok.

but my car has rear speakers so i don't need anymore 4 and two tweeters is all good, the head unit should take it i think they will have all the connections in the back. if vw can do it then i would say just have them do it then it will be all goo.

as for the thing about the wiers it is cheaper to not put them in and also it mean you have to pay more for them to be put in

hope this helps

How did you get the rears in? I wasn't offered it and when I asked they said they don't have the stuff to do it!

Crikey you got lucky! Did you get the MP3 version of the headunit too?

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Perhaps I got a little screwed!

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Oh well.

my user manual says that the headunit dose play mp3's my car arrived with the speakers in.

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing the rear panels next to the back seats pic 15 (see pic 15) this is were i have speakers i also have ones in the doors and tweeters in the pillers at the front

or do you mean in the boot were the parcel shelf fits (if you mean here then i don't think you can get them there.

my user manual says that the headunit dose play mp3's my car arrived with the speakers in.

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing the rear panels next to the back seats pic 15 (see pic 15) this is were i have speakers i also have ones in the doors and tweeters in the pillers at the front

or do you mean in the boot were the parcel shelf fits (if you mean here then i don't think you can get them there.

Hmmm.

Well it is the speakers in pic 15 that I am referring to. I have no speakers there.

It seems that you have been given an upgraded sound system! Lucky you!

Or perhaps I was simply sold something less that I should have been!

Grrrrrr.

hi on closer inspection I don't have speakers in the back (i made this mistake as my last car was a fiat punto and the speakes in that have as much depth as the ones in the fox in other words they were c$%p and the fox's very good) sorry about that but my headunit dose play mp 3's sorry.

Lol.

Lucky I didn't go and kick up a stink at the dealer today!

That would have been fun!

I'll have to just wire a set in myself. The headunit should recognise them when they are wired in and have a front / rear fade function appear on the balance adjustments.

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

cool just remember if anything goes wrong with the stereo vw may not replace or fix it if they don't think the work has been done right.

good luck keep us posted

Edited by FLO7LXJ

• 2 weeks later...

i've had sub and amp fitted to standard headunit lol and there is everything avaible behind panel to have rear speakers but they just arnt fitted lol,

Edited by BIGT1987

i've had sub and amp fitted to standard headunit lol and there is everything avaible behind panel to have rear speakers but they just arnt fitted lol,

Oh come on! Details Please!

What is fitted, who did it, does it sound good?

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Oh come on! Details Please!

What is fitted, who did it, does it sound good?

GTO755_6_230.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

JBL GT4-12 inch sub in JBL ported box

GTO1200B_230.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

sounds good considering it's using the standard head unit, goes quite loud lol

theres some pics of the install in my thread of pics of my modded fox

Edited by BIGT1987

Nice one. So it is do able. Do you know what he did to get the outputs for the amp?

Did he get some sort of converter?

Rob

yeah i think he used some kind of adapter but it's definatly do-able