Bought myself a little treat today....

DSC00212Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00213Small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

All I've got to do now is find a wiring diagram so I can hook up the heating. Also tried out the new dash layout but I think I'll give it a miss as it looks like a moody face! DSC00146.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Cool...but in a hot way biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Wheres the dash from then?

Its the standard Arosa dash with a silver head unit, silver trim kit & a balnking plate with 2 guages fitted, but the 2 airvents look like eyes, the hazard switch is a nose & the head unit is a mouth. Its just too weird!

When you find a wiring diagram if you could send it my way too that would be great wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thats the normal layout :S only with a silver kit and some gauges...
thats what i thought! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I think its more the fact that the head unit is silver which really empahsises it looking like a face, on top of that though do you not think all those round vents, dials, switches etc make it look a bit 'over loaded'? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Hows the bodywork going?

Slowly! Im waiting for the quote to come through for some 'essential' work, I seem to be picking up damage faster than I can get it repaired. Might have to invest in a cotton wool blanket to wrap the car in every night (+ pray it doesn't rain!) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

How you getting on with your wee beasty?

I've got heated seats in mine, but they weren't factory so they aren't wired up. It would be cool to sort it so that it all works because ive got all the OEM switches and all the controls for them. Thing is though i dont want a crap job where im just running random wiring all over the car. If i wired them in i would want it to look totally factory rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is what VW parts catalogue says is "wiring harness for heated seats":

heatedseatsqv1.png border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Dont know if that helps you at all confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> The plugs come through holes in the carpet, which arosas dont have. The control box i cant remember for the life of me where it was held now, but im thinking it probably was behind the centre console in front of the airbag control module if anywhere.

From what I remember Martin telling me, you have the switch going to the a controller to the seat. The controller is either at the back of the door (under the b pillar), or at the front, but I can't remember which.

What I do know is, those parts are flippin expensive. Each switch is 50quid alone.

Slowly! Im waiting for the quote to come through for some 'essential' work, I seem to be picking up damage faster than I can get it repaired. Might have to invest in a cotton wool blanket to wrap the car in every night (+ pray it doesn't rain!) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Just do what I do and park across 2 spaces wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

How you getting on with your wee beasty?

In the bodyshop as we speak!

looking good max!!

if u want wait a couple of weeks, let my insurance do what they gotta do then when and if i get the whole car stripped

u can help your self to the wiring mate.

thats if u aint in no rush!

Cheers Chris, Im sure there'll be a few other bits I want to get my hands on too wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good to see progress being made Adam, not sure about parking across 2 spaces though some ****** would still try to squeeze in beside me!

Good to see progress being made Adam, not sure about parking across 2 spaces though some ****** would still try to squeeze in beside me!

That wont happen in my bays!

When mines back, we'll have to meet up so I can have those pads and a photo shoot.

Good point, I've still got them in the boot! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />