Claire's (*Now Matt's*) ups and downs of lupo ownership

M8T-VW

Hi. A couple of years back my gf decided to sell her golf g60 and get something newer and more reliable. While passing the local dealership she spotted this,
A 2000 16v 1.4 sport (but with standard wheels)
claireslupo001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

She loved it and its nasty tim and tom green seats. It, or should i say Kermit soon progressed to this
83a48fc4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Everything went smoothly untill August last year when an uninsured Russian with excessive understeer did this
18082006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And landed here
18082006001.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

After seeing how well little Kermy stood up to the nasty bigger boy we knew that another lupo would be next
claireslupo006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

claireslupo008.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

20f3610b.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Anyway after having to claim off of her own insurance and getting a rubbish amount for kermy we starting hunting for a replacement.
Well could we source a nasty green sport with matching nasty interior? Shame, no we couldn't style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />
A gti it would have to be then. We found this nice example in Leeds so my brother and i Whizzed up one evening to pick it up.
claireslupo014.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Thankfully Claire Loved the GTI and was happy once more. Some coilovers and TH mono's made it a bit nicer.
lupogti021.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Again all was well apart from the wheels having to be swapped back due to scrubbing untill on the same road before someone did this
LupoGTI006.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

In the meantime Claire had mensioned that the GTI still didn't feel like her own car like kermit did so i though we could put the insurance
money into a few new mods and did this style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="smile.gif" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
LupoGTI007.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI015.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI023.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI028.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI029.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI040.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI039.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI038.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI034.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Claire is now very happy and so am i because i get my R32 back style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="biggrin.gif" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

PS Claire says hi to Tigz and the other lupo peeps that she spoke to at E38 last year.

Edited by M8T-VW
  • Like 1

I absolutely love that, exactly what I would do, spot on wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Except maybe the mk5 boot handle wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Wow, thats mega nice biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

as said in the other thread...YUM!!! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

That looks fantastic shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Has to be one of my favorite loops that wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

Thanks for the nice comments LupoGTI044.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI046.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI052.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI060.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI049.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI051.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI056.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI057.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

LupoGTI058.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

oooooooooh and you've retro fitted pop out windows, and white colour coding inside wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />