Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Are you going to use this in anger, or is it a show queen?

5000 miles in 5 months, It does get used a fair bit. Its a long way away from being a show queen.....

Its not even garaged for a start!

John

As far as I'm aware, 100,000 is quite a feat as it's the only Build thread to hit that figure so far!

I'm sure it'll keep on growing too as a few of the guys at work keep having a read of this thread too!!! :)

5000 miles in 5 months, It does get used a fair bit. Its a long way away from being a show queen.....

Its not even garaged for a start!

John

I was thinking more along the lines of trackdays/RWYB

Aye I will use it down the pod. Hopefully this year but I want the water methanol completly finished and the car fully mapped befor I go and do it.

Track days, I don't think I'll do a day as such, might do a teaser session and brands hatch but probably not much more. The paint work is still in too good a condition to go and hurtle around a track in it.

But don't you worry. Lupo project no2 will be built for exactly that.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi casper ,

Just looked through the thread from star to finish .... What an amazing machine !!! the quality of work is top stuff .

After coming from the fiat group and seeing people fitting cinquecentos with bodged turbo kit from astra diesels its a nice change to see it done properly !!

Now i really really want a lupo/arosa !

Good work Adz

After coming from the fiat group and seeing people fitting cinquecentos with bodged turbo kit from astra diesels its a nice change to see it done properly !!

The difference is a cinq is worth £500 and a decent GTi is worth £5,000.

Do you think it's worth spending 20x the cost of the car on the engine (Say it's £10k to do it properly with enough mapping time) by doing it 'properly' on a Cinq? No, of course it's not.

For most people spending double the value on the engine is out of reach and not worthwhile...

I do know so some people that have spent a fair few grand on fitting the 1.4 16v from pandas into cinqs . But as u said a cinquecento is only worth £500-1k . I guess as long as you keep the car you can keep spending haha !! (aslong as your wallet lets you ?) with i had that kind of money to fund a project like this !! its awesome

Adz

I do know so some people that have spent a fair few grand on fitting the 1.4 16v from pandas into cinqs . But as u said a cinquecento is only worth £500-1k . I guess as long as you keep the car you can keep spending haha !! (aslong as your wallet lets you ?) with i had that kind of money to fund a project like this !! its awesome

Adz

Your red Cinq was awesome though :)

But, just like me and Rob you're moving on to bigger and better things!! :P

Your red Cinq was awesome though :)

But, just like me and Rob you're moving on to bigger and better things!! :P

bigger and better built things haha !

As far as I'm aware, 100,000 is quite a feat as it's the only Build thread to hit that figure so far!

I'm sure it'll keep on growing too as a few of the guys at work keep having a read of this thread too!!! :)

;) way past that mark! ;)

do you have any pictures/videos of the Cinq?

should start a topic, there seems to be a lot of people that started with them! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

;) way past that mark! ;)

do you have any pictures/videos of the Cinq?

should start a topic, there seems to be a lot of people that started with them! :lol:

Haha, i started with a cinq too. It was bright yellow!!

Anyway, i haven't updated this in a long time, probably because i haven't been up to much really with the car. Lots of planning going in to the next phase at the moment, and saving cash where i can to buy all the parts needed, I want 220-230bhp at the wheels. I don't know if that's optimistic yet, but we can only tell when it gets on the rollers.

I am loosing the air conditioning pipework and pump, which i installed originally because i wanted to keep it. Now its just in the way and i want ot use the dash switch for the AC to control the radiator fan to have a constant on setting when sat in traffic and giving the car some.

From there, i need to make the engine cooling more efficient. So a thermostat controlled oil cooler will be fitted off the mountings from the AC pump, and a constant running draw through fan will be fitted to it for safety.

Once the safety parts are in place my plans are, to uprate the injectors now which are the first part which is limiting my power at the moment. Probably going to uprate them to the 380cc-400cc mark, which might be a little too much but i dont actually know what sort of power i will see, Im told that 240bhp can be achieved with a 380cc injector on the mini's. So this is the base for my research at the moment.

The Lupo Injector is: AVY 125BHP 280cc Flow @3Bar P/N: 036 906 031 Q

I need an injector from either:

BAM 225BHP, 386cc flow @3 bar P/N: 06A 906 031 BC Bosch P/N: 0 280 156 064

APX 210BHP, 386cc flow @3 bar, Bosch P/N: 0 280 155 892

APY (S3) 210BHP 386cc Flow @3 Bar Bosch P/N: 0 280 155 892

AMK 210BHP 386cc Flow @3 Bar P/N: 06A 906 031 J Bosch P/N: 0 280 155 893

AMU 225BHP 386 Flow @3 Bar P/N: 06A 906 031 J Bosch P/N: 0 280 155 892

When ive got them, I need to fit an EGT sensor in to the manifold to help me get the ignition timing to its critical sweet spot to get all i can out of the engine. As it stands at the moment im limited to how far i can take the ignition because i don't know where i will start melting the pistons with pre-det. EGT is the best method of seeing how hot the gas gets with the advance in ignition timing.

I also have a smaller pulley to give me other 2 psi of boost, and have worked out a new way of keeping tension on the belt going over the charger pulley, which was an original issue with the belt slip through the first 3 gears. Engine revving too fast for the charger, which cause the belt to stall on the charger pulley.

Then with all of that installed, the car will be mapped to its limit without the water methanol which i hope to see about 210bhp at the wheels. And then a separate map will be made for the water methanol when a button is pressed on the dash which should hopefully allow me to see the 220-230bhp mark at the wheels.

Like i said i might me a little optimistic, but we can only hope!

Edited by CasperGTI

Oh yeah,

Ill take a few pics when ive got it on. Its only for traveling so its not really a feature.

Full front Gimp mask, But the best bit is its got orange stitching... LOL

HMMMPH, my account has messed up too, im not a moderator atm... nor was i a premium member till aout 10 mins ago... oops

Edited by CasperGTI

How much u pay for full bra ? I need a bra but waiting for group buys. Autobra are so steap for such a small piece :(

Mike