Casper's Supercharged GTi - MK Indy Hayabusa Turbo - 413bhp/243ftlb

CasperGTI

Bit late to the mag feature but tesco had one left right at the back slumped half way behind a camping mag (grrrr!!), but well done john, I've always thought you were either a turbine fabricator, a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon to be able to pull off all the work involved and have the money to do it all, and I wasn't really that far off!! Well maybe not a surgeon, but I do think cars work alot like humans, in fact so does my boss, he thinks all his techy's must be fitted with chargers with the amount of work he books in!!

WOOOOOOOWWWWW :wub:

Edited by 12yan

Just a few "state of lay photos"

All wiring now in for water meth, injectors fitted to fuel rail and fitted to inlet manifold, took out some air con pipes and removed the insulation blanket from the back of the bay and gave it a clean up, did the subframe and the power steering rack too.. Looking pretty spotless now!

Got one month to go until it has to be back running, Hopefully ill make it in time!!

IMG_6666.jpg

IMG_6665.jpg

IMG_6664.jpg

IMG_6663.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

John

Wow dude such an inspiration its taken me three days but ive finally read through all 66 pages from start to finish and all the work as awesome! im looking into the same conversion but on standard internals using the polo gti engine and its going in a 6n did dub prince get it all sorted?

And again amazing work! :wub:

Well ive been busy,

Fuel rail with new injectors fitted, mega bay cleaning session, chassis legs cleaned and polished, removed the insulation from the bay, cleaned it all up and detailed it. Gearbox all cleaned up etc etc.... basically nothing has been left untouched so far.

Interior is in bits, mainly the centre console to make way for the new din slot for the three gauges, all the wiring for the aquamist system is now in, and the controller has its home underneath the close out panel under the handbrake.

Tank is fitted in the boot, makes the lupo boot even more pointless, relocating the cd plaer in the boot to under the floor or on the other side, havent decided yet.

Heres a few pics anyway, some are pretty useless, but i cant be arsed to delete them.

IMG_6668.jpg

IMG_6670.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6692.jpg

John

Nice work John

Engine bay is looking much better

Have no fear the mansion will be there dont you worry about that. I think i might be bringing the pug as an extra convoy wagon as i have a few friends coming up, they can drive up in the beast.

Better get the lupo finished in time.... or im going to be screwing!

Radiator is back from repair tomorrow too. So everything at the moment is going swimmingly!

Sodding steering wheel!! Don't get me started on that one!

Well the car has to be back together at the very latest by the 26th of this month, the map that's on the car now won't work with the new injectors and the increase in boost very well but it should just run. Hoping to have it back together in 2 weeks though, everything should be done by then.

Taking the car on a trailer to emerald as ita 160 miles away so that's a good 80-100 pounds in fuel!

Very much looking forward to seing what the outcome is!